Here are my ACC and SEC Predictions for December 2nd

Deleted member 2897

Here are my ACC and SEC football predictions for December 2nd

ACC

Florida State 63-14 over Louisiana Lafayetter
Clemson 24-13 over Miami in the ACCCG

SEC

Auburn 27-20 over UGAG in the SECCG

That would give the ACC 10 bowl teams out of 14.

2 of the remaining 4 who don't qualify are the only 2 who beat Clemson and Miami this year (Syracuse and Pittsburgh, respectively).
Pittsburgh came up 1 win short of qualifying - @ Virginia Tech they had 1st and goal from the 1 (the original touchdown was reversed and called down at the 1) with 1:00 left and couldn't score. They also lost 2 other games by 3 points.
Syracuse came up 2 wins short. They lost 4 games by 1 score or less.
We played so well earlier in the season and UCF would have been distracted from the hurricane that you gotta believe we would have won that game, making us bowl eligible.
North Carolina had 197 players injured. At 3-9, they are really the only team in the entire conference who never had a chance at a bowl game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
That would give the ACC 10 bowl teams out of 14.

2 of the remaining 4 who don't qualify are the only 2 who beat Clemson and Miami this year (Syracuse and Pittsburgh, respectively).
Pittsburgh came up 1 win short of qualifying - @ Virginia Tech they had 1st and goal from the 1 (the original touchdown was reversed and called down at the 1) with 1:00 left and couldn't score.
Syracuse came up 2 wins short. They lost 4 games by 1 score or less.
We played so well earlier in the season and UCF would have been distracted from the hurricane that you gotta believe we would have won that game, making us bowl eligible.
North Carolina had 197 players injured. At 3-9, they are really the only team in the entire conference who never had a chance at a bowl game.
The ACC was the most competitive football conference of 2017

Deleted member 2897

The ACC was the most competitive football conference of 2017

I was thinking about the stupid slogan the SEC uses about how its the "Best Conference" and the "Best Football". Its like Papa Johns getting sued by Pizza Hut for false advertising. Papa Johns eventually won the lawsuit, by claiming that "the slogan was simply a matter of opinion, not to be taken as literal fact."

If the ACC had any trolling intelligence, they would capitalize on this sort of thing and out-marketeer the SEC. Even SEC-homers like Paul Finebaum state the SEC is not the best conference. All kinds of statistics back that up.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I was thinking about the stupid slogan the SEC uses about how its the "Best Conference" and the "Best Football"....
...Even SEC-homers like Paul Finebaum state the SEC is not the best conference. All kinds of statistics back that up.

And yet the committee has set up the final week so that if Georgia wins and/or if any of the top 4 falter then we’ll have two SEC teams in the playoff [emoji35][emoji35]

Deleted member 2897

And yet the committee has set up the final week so that if Georgia wins and/or if any of the top 4 falter then we’ll have two SEC teams in the playoff [emoji35][emoji35]

Well it depends. Alabama, Auburn, and Georgia are all Top 6 teams fairly I think. So its only fair that if 3 or 4 other teams up top don't take care of their business that 2 teams from the SEC could get in. I am no fan of the SEC, but they do have a few of the top teams.

If Oklahoma loses to TCU in the Big 12 Championship, the Big 12 deserves to have no representation in the CFP since they'd all have at least 2 losses or more.
Wisconsin has had a weak schedule, so if they lose to a 2 loss Ohio State team in the Big 10 Championship, I can definitely see them falling out of the top 4 (they are currently #4).

I would put whoever wins the Clemson/Miami game in no matter what.
I would put whoever wins the Auburn/Georgia game in no matter what.
If Oklahoma and Wisconsin both win, they fill out the CFP 4.

If Oklahoma or Wisconsin loses, I would move Alabama up into the top 4 at #4.

If Oklahoma and Wisconsin both lose, then my final 4 is Clemson/Miami winner, Auburn/Georgia winner, Alabama, and then the 4th spot would be in order (1) Clemson if they lost respectably to Miami, or if Clemson won I'd put (2) Ohio State ahead of both the Auburn/Georgia loser and Miami.