Help, PexA,B, or copper for whole house

wreck1

Georgia Tech Fan
Pin holes in Cobb Co. SWMBO (IE ‘83) is concerned about future leaching from Pex. (Thanks to techpossum and forensicbuzz for earlier responses) . I understand Pex works but is copper worth it? And please provide link if this thread has been brought up before. Thanks!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Well my real life story happened today and is outside of the house. Had water line, PVC, crack just before it enters the house. So $3500 later I "upgraded" to the copper line from the meter to the house. it was about than using the PEX. Copper they give a 5 year parts and labor warranty, only offer 3 year for PEX right now.

I didn't read this link until I looked something up for you - www.pexuniverse.com/pex-pipe-vs-copper-pipe-which-better - I would have droppe the extra $ for the additional warranty even though either product should be go for 20 - 50 years.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Great question. Had a major PVC rupture in water line running to the house right after our house was built. Turned out company had imported the pipe. Became subject of class action that was never settled. Replaced with PVC from a known distributor.

But this was 20 years ago.