Help needed watching replay...

wreck1

Georgia Tech Fan
So my phone with Xfinity gets ACC replay with WatchESPN but my computer doesn’t? What gives?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had the video drop out multiple times during the game on Watch ESPN I had to restart it to get the video back. I missed a lot of plays . Hope to not have that problem on replay. What did they do during halftime?

drdfk

Georgia Tech Fan
I couldn't find it on ESPN either. Googled "Georgia Tech spring game 2019 replay". it gave me a espnwatch link that took me to the replay.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Here is the super condensed version. The best part is the dancing at the beginning. We may not win a lot of games this year, but boy can we dance!

Take a close look at the first play from scrimmage. Ignore the fact that we come out in the spread option formation. Watch the actual play. We still can’t cover a tight end. Curry lines up in the exact spot where the TE ends up catching the ball. However, he’s not in the right spot to make a play because he bails 10 yards at the snap. WTF??? What happened to “tight coverage’s all over the field, we’re going to contest every pass”? What happened to “now we get to play against a real offense in practice so we know how to defend one”? The left side slot receiver was wide freaking open as well in the left flat.

Last edited:

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is the super condensed version. The best part is the dancing at the beginning. We may not win a lot of games this year, but boy can we dance!

Take a close look at the first play from scrimmage. Ignore the fact that we come out in the spread option formation. Watch the actual play. We still can’t cover a tight end. Curry lines up in the exact spot where the TE ends up catching the ball. However, he’s not in the right spot to make a play because he bails 10 yards at the snap. WTF??? What happened to “tight coverage’s all over the field, we’re going to contest every pass”? What happened to “now we get to play against a real offense in practice so we know how to defend one”? The left side slot receiver was wide freaking open as well in the left flat.

After listening to the postgame interviews and a lot of the other media provided by the school since Friday, it seems highly likely that the entire first play was scripted. CGC, ADTS, and Andy Demetra have all talked about the homage they were paying to the previous system and have been pushing the fact that it was the first completed pass to a tight end since the 07 season. Also, Curry actually vacates the area before the ball was even snapped, as if he were instructed to leave that area open... So basically, I would not read too much into a singular play of a spring game in determining our ability to cover the TE in the future.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
After listening to the postgame interviews and a lot of the other media provided by the school since Friday, it seems highly likely that the entire first play was scripted. CGC, ADTS, and Andy Demetra have all talked about the homage they were paying to the previous system and have been pushing the fact that it was the first completed pass to a tight end since the 07 season. Also, Curry actually vacates the area before the ball was even snapped, as if he were instructed to leave that area open... So basically, I would not read too much into a singular play of a spring game in determining our ability to cover the TE in the future.
I was wondering about that. Makes me wonder what else was scripted. I'd rather see real competition that a scripted play. "Competition is King!" right? I said in another thread this ain't pro rasslin'. Oh well.... The one play that should have been scripted, the pass to Joe Hamilton for a double pass, was f'd up as well.