HC Interview Questions

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
It's entirely possible that the HC decision has already been made and that ADJB is just waiting for the right moment to make the announcement. But just in case he's lurking on this forum (everyone wave at JB šŸ–) looking for good suggestions, let's consider what questions he and PAC should ask of each HC candidate. Okay, me first:
  • IHCBK: Why has Tech performed so poorly over the past three years, and what would you have done differently to achieve better results?
  • JChadwell (or anyone else): What does Tech need to do to turn the program around, and what are the concrete steps you would take to make it happen?
  • All: What kind of compensation package are you looking for in terms of dollars, years and guarantees? (although I suspect this would have been covered as a prerequisite to the F2F with the coaches agents)
What are the "make or break" questions you would ask anyone interviewing for the HC job?

JoeHamiltonFn

Georgia Tech Fan
Usually I'm sure it is discussed what kind of coaching staff the candidate is looking at bringing in.

I'd also want to get into recruiting. What is the candidates history recruiting? Why does he feel he could be successful recruiting at Ga Tech? Etc...

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Are we going to be elite?
Will competition be king?
Will we have a third down slogan?
Will you replace the band with rock music?
How are you going to market the ATL?
Will we have a starting lineup?

Youā€™re fired!

JacketFan137

Banned
obviously not the only question but: we play two of the best programs in football over the last decade every single year. we havenā€™t beat clemson since 2014 and havenā€™t beat uga since 2016. what will you be bringing to the table to make us competitive with our two biggest rivals again?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
IHCBK: Why has Tech performed so poorly over the past three years, and what would you have done differently to achieve better results?

Heā€™s literally just shown us what heā€™d do. Every single change that has happened since UCF. Key has done a very good job as interim.

I would hope we wouldnā€™t waste a second with backward looking questions. We need to focus on how to build a program that can win consistently in the modern game.

/

BonesGT

Georgia Tech Fan
obviously not the only question but: we play two of the best programs in football over the last decade every single year. we havenā€™t beat clemson since 2014 and havenā€™t beat uga since 2016. what will you be bringing to the table to make us competitive with our two biggest rivals again?
To me this is the most important question. If I donā€™t hear a creative and well thought out answer, then I keep looking.