HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Comments like this are so ignorant and unhelpful, did J Batt get us here, to the position where a rebuild is necessary? (No, that was Geoff and Todd).Batt has ran a tight lipped very proper coaching search, don't turn on him because he doesn't hire the coach you'd prefer. Players leaving was inevitable in a coaching hire like this, so blame Geoff and Todd if you want to blame someone.
So you really think Nate would’ve left if we hired CBK?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
How is this outside of his control? He knew he had one job when he was hired, how many programs have already hired their coach, thus minimized instability. He needed to be prepared to make this call when the season ended, now he is looking like the first time AD that he is. We can't afford for him to @#$% this up, but he needs to make a call.
The list of reasons guys hit portal is pretty long. You're assuming quite a bit by attributing it to what you're frustrated over.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Players are going to reevaluate and some will leave in a coaching change. In some ways it is healthy, especially if that player doesn’t buy into to the change. Worst thing that can happen is for somebody who has invited to stay and be a problem. I’ve seen it in other sports where my kids were. Especially with the portal now you can bring in a lot of new talent to replace those that are leaving, and they’re people that generally want to be here.

And it’s not like we’re a top 10 team with top 10 talent. So while we will lose a couple of legit pieces, we will lose a lot that can be upgraded with replacements. Portal giveth, and taketh away at the same time.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Dont think Fritz is coming. If you listen it is around the 8:15 mark where he speaks on the question directly

Sounded to me like he dodged it completely. Basically just said he enjoys working at Tulane and for the AD, and in the city, then changes the subject. But…if Chadwell’s gone, and Fritz is gone, and they don’t wanna hire Key…who we gonna get? Ted Lasso?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Its not an if, unless you are saying we can replace them IF Fritz can recruit the portal.
Batt obviously now thinks Fritz is our guy. Hopefully he doesn't whiff on him, too. What would option #7, 8 or 9 look like if that happened?

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
The list of reasons guys hit portal is pretty long. You're assuming quite a bit by attributing it to what you're frustrated over.
All I am saying is the players are acting like 18-19 year olds when it comes to instability. Players can come back, the portal isn't just an off ramp. All Im saying is this could have been minimized when you had a month to prepare for it.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This thread...
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest GIF

TwinTownTony

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, it's just ridiculous at this point. I can't believe JBatt is doing all the things that anonymous internet message board fonts are saying he's doing! Also, what's with the crap he's pulling that the reporters are tweeting and writing about and then retracting??? After all that, he's not even coming out publicly to reassure me that he's not screwing up this private search the way my imagination tells me he is! Shame! He should be fired. Tech will never recover from his incompetence.