HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If true, the hire is fine. Tech is the place for experienced coaches late in their career or less experienced ones early in their career.

Is it sexy? No. But practical? Yes. I would have preferred Key, but it’s a decent hire.

We can start discussing who to replace him with in 4 years.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not if JBatt has PAC's full backing on this. This could be Bloody Sunday for the Tech Bag Men.

They saw it coming when Neville was made interim AD, and the nail in the coffin was Batt getting hired.

They can still have a big voice with the GTAA, and their contributions are not lost on Cabrera. Everyone, Batt/Cabrera included, need to grow up and realize the goal here...which is to make GTAA the best it can be. There's a way forward with everyone on the same boat...people just need to step back and put their egos aside.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Fritz a lot as a coach. Like some others, he was my top choice to succeed CPJ.

But he's a bad hire for Tech right now in my opinion. If Batt is throwing out the donors, he's going to needs butts in seats and wins immediately to balance the checkbook. I don't see Fritz as the coach that can turn things immediately or excite the fan base. If he has the time, wins might come. But I don't think he (and Batt) will get the time.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
...people just need to step back and put their egos aside.

You first?

Ice Cream Mcdonalds GIF

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Not if JBatt has PAC's full backing on this. This could be Bloody Sunday for the Tech Bag Men.
Pissing off anyone willing to donate money to the GTAA sounds like a recipe for disaster for a cash strapped program. Tech is not capable of an IPTAY type program as we just don't have the base to support that. We can't even raise 2.5 million for a scholarship fund.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
until you need them.

batt's a young guy. if he plans to stay awhile, that seems like a short-sided move.

The donors will push heaven and earth to get Key in now and then bring hell upon Batt for promoting from within if we went back to winning 3 games a year next year (which is more of a reality than people want to believe). They will then turn around and want a say in the next coaching search.

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
I think everyone is being a bit shortsighted about Fritz, just a couple hours ago I wasn't a fan of the POTENTIAL hire of Fritz, but after digging he seems right about as good as Chadwell. He has resurrected every program he went to, has recruited to a dumpster fire with similar academic restrictions, and he runs a super innovative offense. I know he has the losing record with Tulane but just a quick look tells you that 7 wins for those guys is top 10 seasons ever territory. Also, people are forgetting that last year he had to deal with the Hurricane displacing them, and the absolutely inept offensive mind of Chip Long. If Fritz is the guy I'll be more than content after looking at it deeply.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
After reading the last 20 pages or so mostly criticizing the Fritz hire, It will be interesting to watch what happens if it turns out not to be true and Key gets hired. Then, I predict we will have 20 pages of criticism for not being able to get a proven coach and having to settle for Key, the only one who would not turn the job down. I say we all just get behind the program and support whomever gets hired.