HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I agree that Fritz should have been hired when PJ retired. He is a solid coach and has ties in Georgia with his time at Southern. If he is the guy, I will hope he can do things here as well. I would have preferred Key.
If this hire doesn't pan out, we may be looking for a new AD.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Very disappointing hire. Get used to lots of 6-6 seasons for the most part. Key was such a better strategic option for many reasons if we weren’t going to go big with the hire. Long will be OC moving forward. Typical let’s go safe GT kinda hire.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Very disappointing hire. Get used to lots of 6-6 seasons for the most part. Key was such a better strategic option for many reasons if we weren’t going to go big with the hire. Long will be OC moving forward. Typical let’s go safe GT kinda hire.
Fritz fired Long at Tulane, i can’t imagine that he would keep him here.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
In fact, Tulane was incredulous that GT hired Long. Look at the improvement in their Offense from last year to this one. Same QB. Did Fritz screw up hiring him, yes, but he fixed the problem quickly.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line, bad hire for program. It will be a bunch of average years at best with maybe one decent year. Key was in the right position at the right time to drive the program forward. Safe hire for new AD but not for GT football. I would much rather have seen us hire Deion if we were going to do this.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
So many of y'all want to simultaneously judge him for being old while ignoring his long track record of success prior to Tulane...

Its not that he's just bland hire who seemingly was 3rd or 4th option by names discussed and he's has hardly any P5 experience.

- He not a young coach with a unique style of play that could fit
- Hes not the guy who earned the locker room loyality and seeming was building stabilty

Hes just a run of mill coach who is very old and dont see him really moving needle to retain or bring in good players. Watch Thacker leave and be the next grear DC too

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Fritz was the hire to make 4 years ago, although he may not have wanted to take on that situation again. Now he is an okay hire, but not one that really screams "we're serious about competing".

That being said, seeing people who were so gung ho about promoting from within the last staff and basically keeping the staff as it was criticize this hire is just absurd. Some of y'all need protection from your selves.