HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The donors gave us Roof and Collins… It will be interesting to see how Key plays out. We need more data for the fan base to see what kind of program GT is beyond the offense GT plays.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I aint for it if it's Fritz and this seems more like a young AD butting heads with AA and going I'll be damned I'll go with plan D before I give you your way with Plan B since you want to be pushy....Stupid if so because I feel like we are gonna loss alot of kids and go backwards right away if you took Fritz over Key

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I aint for it if it's Fritz and this seems more like a young AD butting heads with AA and going I'll be damned I'll go with plan D before I give you your way with Plan B since you want to be pushy....Stupid if so because I feel like we are gonna loss alot of kids and go backwards right away if you took Fritz over Key
Exactly! We are about lose a lot of players to the portal if it’s Fritz and good luck bringing some of the highly rated kids back through the portal. Just when we take a step forward in talent level, we are about to take multiple steps back. Also, I doubt Fritz will help out folks in seats.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
As a Tulane alum, I have followed him for the last several years. He has built a respectable program from a total disaster. This year is his crowing achievement with Tulane ranked and in the AAC championship game. His rebuild was way more challenging than the one here as Tulane has no history, facilities, fan base, etc, but recruiting here is more challenging because of curriculum limitations and the BS degree. But, were I Batt, I would hire Key.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Exactly! We are about lose a lot of players to the portal if it’s Fritz and good luck bringing some of the highly rated kids back through the portal. Just when we take a step forward in talent level, we are about to take multiple steps back. Also, I doubt Fritz will help out folks in seats.
why

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
'll get over it and support the guy, but I'm gonna be very disappointed if it's Fritz, especially if Chadwell was on the table.
Was Chadwell ever on the table?

His current salary is $850K and expected to earn $2.3M in bonuses ... which, based on CCU's performance, is highly likely. So Tech would have to offer a similar amount over a similar period. That's $3.2M over 6-7 years. And, because he's under contract for six more years, we would likely have to buy that out or pay a fee.

I don't see Tech going after anyone that has a buyout. BOB and Key make the most sense from a purely financial perspective.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As a Tulane alum, I have followed him for the last several years. He has built a respectable program from a total disaster. This year is his crowing achievement with Tulane ranked and in the AAC championship game. His rebuild was way more challenging than the one here as Tulane has no history, facilities, fan base, etc, but recruiting here is more challenging because of curriculum limitations and the BS degree. But, were I Batt, I would hire Key.

This… not the flash of Chadwell in wins or the number of team rebuilds. Is he better than Key? All that can really be said is that he is a HC that kept an underfunded team going and got a great year at the end.