HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

slugboy

Staff member
Hey 👋
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃
If you’ve read this far looking for a coaching announcement, it’ll probably get its own thread 🧵 when it happens
If this thread is stressing you out, take a walk 🚶‍♂️ or lift weights 🏋️‍♀️ or go fishing 🎣 or eat some ice cream 🍨 or something else that relaxes you 💆‍♀️ 🥃 🧘‍♂️

We’ll still be here at 244 pages or whatever. Really

Peace ✌🏾

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
When the Bammers are glad we are taking away a coach, remember how Temple fans were glad we were taking away THEIR coach.

I do not want a coach the fans are glad to be rid of.

If BoB is the selection, then this search will end with a thud.
40 points a game. I don't get it.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
That rumor is being started by BOB's agent. He's lobbying for the job. I think he'd do well (seriously, Bama people blaming the offense is the moral equivalent of blaming the offense for our losses to Duke and UNC in 2014), but doubt this is the direction we're going though I've heard more chatter from my contacts about this than Chadwell.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Just because Alabama fans would be happy with BOB leaving, doesn’t make him a bad hire. Bama fans are just mad they haven’t won a NC in 2 years. While I certainly think there are better options than BOB, and I would much rather have Chadwell or Key, BOB would be solid. In Bama’s 2 losses they gave up 32 and 52. Their offense isn’t the problem. Their defense and lack of discipline has been.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Also the relative quality and depth of recruits that put up those 40 points per game for BoB at Bama vs the quality of players at Tech He will get and recruit.
Well it's all relative, but I'm referring to the level to which Alabama fans are spoiled vs Temple fans. I mean 40 points a game and they're ready to tar and feather the guy. It's ridiculous.