Jeff Lebby- Oklahoma OC
Dell McGee- UGAg RBs
Bronco Mendenhall- currently nowhere
Ken Whisenhunt- NFL all over
Kane Wommack- South Alabama HC

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
after 2007 I would not want Bobby Petrino
Why? They hired Petrino to help develop Mike Vick. Vick ****ed up and was gone before the season started. The falcons have always been a mess of an organization except one recent season. They also continue to be a mess. That was not Petrinos fault. The only real red mark is the co-ed situation. But he has been hired many times after that. I think he would help turn GT around. Just my opinion though. The sport is being professionalized so we should adapt. He hasnt done any crime that would put him in jail. He like to have sex with hot women? So does everyone else.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Instead of recycling the same names I'll post some under the radar guys to keep the discussion fresh:

Mike Bloomgren at Rice depending on how the season goes. If he goes 6-6 I would consider him. Rice is like a CUSA Duke with high academic standards and very little football history or fan/alum support and a lot of instate programs to compete with. He took one of the hardest jobs in the country and went (ignoring the Covid season) 2-11, 3-9, 4-8, and is 2-2 right now after a close loss to a Houston team that's basically their UGA in terms of a rival that spends way more than you and out-recruits you by miles. He was OC for Stanford during their glory years and things sort of fell apart for them after he left. Downside is I think everyone wants an explosive high octane offense and he is very much a run first, dominate with big OL guy with West Coast Offense passing concepts and 22 personnel. If nothing else we should look at their AD who also came from Stanford, he got Rice into the AAC starting next year and his first basketball hire got poached by VCU so he has some chops for hiring for basketball as well.

I think we need to look at someone who has been/is successful at a place that is close to Tech because I feel Geoff's failure was that he tried to turn us into something we were never going to be. Bloomgren's "intellectual brutality" approach is probably more in line with what Tech fans want to hear in pressers and slogans and not the stuff Geoff was selling us.
Intellectual brutality!

If he's good at running blue collar programs at white collar schools, he could be our man.

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
Tier 1 - Dion & Urban
Tier 2 - Chadwell & Freeze
Tier 3 - Dell McGee & Godsey

All IMO of course. I’d personally love to have Dion or Chadwell; but can see arguments against either being valid. Whatever we do, let’s just get it right this time!
Godsey has as much coaching experience as anyone on this list with ties to GT and none of the baggage.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Ok who is starting the go fund me for the 'can't say no' offer to Deion? If we get him, we are back in the conversation for getting legitimate bigtime recruits if the hill is willing to start making concessions. Don't think we hire Deion without bigtime shifts for academic requirements, get calculus requirements out, etc.
I donate my left testicle, all of my chick fil a reward points and a Boy Scouts camp card. Take it or leave it!

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
I am personally partial to a list in somewhat this order (Their liking of the job not involved here)

1a. Deion
1b. Chadwell
2.Leipold
3. Hartline
4. Herman
5. Monken (UGAg one)
6. McGee
7. Golesh

I think that we need a person who has experience rebuilding a program and/or will recruit with some great proficiency given the Recruiting potential Georgia Tech inherently has. I fear we hire someone like Bill O'Brien who is not very exciting as he's a coach seemingly who would be hired as a "Tech Man" which I view to be largely irrelevant in a qualifier. I think Deion, Leipold, Chadwell, and Hartline all would recruit tremendously and some have lots of experience in program building/rebuilding.

Do keep in mind some of these are very unrealistic, and I have no insider knowledge. Just what I figure would work well.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Instead of recycling the same names I'll post some under the radar guys to keep the discussion fresh:

Mike Bloomgren at Rice depending on how the season goes. If he goes 6-6 I would consider him. Rice is like a CUSA Duke with high academic standards and very little football history or fan/alum support and a lot of instate programs to compete with. He took one of the hardest jobs in the country and went (ignoring the Covid season) 2-11, 3-9, 4-8, and is 2-2 right now after a close loss to a Houston team that's basically their UGA in terms of a rival that spends way more than you and out-recruits you by miles. He was OC for Stanford during their glory years and things sort of fell apart for them after he left. Downside is I think everyone wants an explosive high octane offense and he is very much a run first, dominate with big OL guy with West Coast Offense passing concepts and 22 personnel. If nothing else we should look at their AD who also came from Stanford, he got Rice into the AAC starting next year and his first basketball hire got poached by VCU so he has some chops for hiring for basketball as well.

I think we need to look at someone who has been/is successful at a place that is close to Tech because I feel Geoff's failure was that he tried to turn us into something we were never going to be. Bloomgren's "intellectual brutality" approach is probably more in line with what Tech fans want to hear in pressers and slogans and not the stuff Geoff was selling us.
I'm drawn to the Neon but there are several directions we could go. If Bloomgren pulled a Team up by its bootstraps, he should get some serious consideration.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Why? They hired Petrino to help develop Mike Vick. Vick ****ed up and was gone before the season started. The falcons have always been a mess of an organization except one recent season. They also continue to be a mess. That was not Petrinos fault. The only real red mark is the co-ed situation. But he has been hired many times after that. I think he would help turn GT around. Just my opinion though. The sport is being professionalized so we should adapt. He hasnt done any crime that would put him in jail. He like to have sex with hot women? So does everyone else.
he also, left Atlanta in the middle of the night in the middle of the season and just left a note for the players and coaches. ask Mike Zimmer how he feels about Petrino as a person.

he also interviewed with auburn secretly after only being Louisville's coach for one year.

he also lost his team in Louisville during his second stint before getting fired.

quite a few of his players got dismissed from Louisville after he left for drug related and other disciplinary issues.

the guy is just a scum bag and ****ty person.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
he also, left Atlanta in the middle of the night in the middle of the season and just left a note for the players and coaches. ask Mike Zimmer how he feels about Petrino as a person.

he also interviewed with auburn secretly after only being Louisville's coach for one year.

he also lost his team in Louisville during his second stint before getting fired.

quite a few of his players got dismissed from Louisville after he left for drug related and other disciplinary issues.

If anyone has to ask “why” Petrino would be a bad hire, they should stop giving their input on a coaching situation lol

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Hilarious. You can say this about Petrino, but not Geoff. That's verboten. The mods have already censored me for saying negative things about Geoff. Be careful.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Guy's a darn good coach. That thing at Arkansas is one for the morality police.

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow

I want a solid FB coach not a champion of life.

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
Some more names the fellas at FTRS have said they are interested in:

Brian Bohannon- Kennesaw HC
Bill Clark- UAB HC
Tashard Choice- Texas RBs (Gibbs's man)
Curt Cignetti- JMU HC
Jeff Traylor- UTSA HC
Scott Frost- Recently fired Nebraska HC
Gus Malzahn- UCF HC (Really???)
Tom Manning- Iowa State OC
Willie Simmons- Florida A and M HC

Best Option:
Hologram John Heisman

Article: https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2022/6/13/23158977/ftrs-head-coach-mock-draft

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
As long as we are including completely unrealistic hires, let's go with

Bill Belichick
Bill Parcells
Brian Kelley
Dabo Swinney
John Heisman
What is your list.?? I haven’t known inside things since the bill *$&#s to o Leary before the FSU game. Even knew about Watson coming from Texas as OC...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Ok who is starting the go fund me for the 'can't say no' offer to Deion? If we get him, we are back in the conversation for getting legitimate bigtime recruits if the hill is willing to start making concessions. Don't think we hire Deion without bigtime shifts for academic requirements, get calculus requirements out, etc.
If we can't get Deion without that, it's a no go. I mean that's obviously not happening.