HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Jumping in here after 46 pages...

Has our Coach PJ Fleck shown up on any GT lists? I wouldn't think so but just wondering in case we need to be worried...:)

I admit too lazy to do any scrolling or hit the search function...

Good luck on the HC hire and the remaining 8 games. BillD.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
From what I’ve heard about Dell, that’s the reasoning for my support of him. I keep hearing the school side of tech will be helping about immensely with the athletics side from now on. That would bring a ton of money to the football program. You wouldn’t have to worry about a potential cheap staff like we did with Collins, you’re going to get a very good staff with whoever is hired. That’s why Dell is making more and more sense, tech can now afford to put a great staff around him to help out with him never being a Coordinator or HC

That is amazing to hear

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to rain on your parade, but ...

Jackson State has an acceptance rate of 69%, is classed as below average, average SAT of 930 and average ACT of 17. Tech has an acceptance rate of 23%, is classed as very selective/highly competitive, average SAT of 1465 and average ACT of 33.

How many JSU SA's do you think could cut it at Tech?
None of that matters. JSU has its own challenges. GT is no different - the challenges are unique to each school, but quoting the overall schools acceptance numbers has little to nothing to do with kids that coming in on a athletic scholarships. Not every current student athlete would have been accepted outright (or even been interested in attending) at Tech if not for the Athletic scholarship part of this...

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
getting our hopes up. what does timing look like though?
This could be a quick coaching search with a coach hired by the end of November. Tech wants to move fast with ESD period and the heart of the transfer portal shortly after the season ends.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
This could be a quick coaching search with a coach hired by the end of November. Tech wants to move fast with ESD period and the heart of the transfer portal shortly after the season ends.
Ah. Was hoping for faster, although I suppose midseason is not precedented. Lots of teams will fire coaches between now and November so lots can change.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Deion is interested, the donors are interested, the school is interested. 3/3 are interested in Prime Time becoming the official time zone of Atlanta.

Deion is interested, the donors are interested, the school is interested. 3/3 are interested in Prime Time becoming the official time zone of Atlanta.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hope it isn't Deion. I don't think he'd succeed. His coaching experience is too limited and at the wrong level too boot. Further, I don't think the Hill would prove as flexible as he would need to make it work.

But I'm pretty sure he knows that. And that the GTAA does too.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing to keep in mind with Deion, we could probably get a fantastic staff alongside him. He’s not in it for the money, and the administration is committed to spending more money in general. There’s a lot of potential there if played right.

I would also love McGee tho

Techster

Helluva Engineer

This would be a 180 degree turn from what Cabrera and Neville just said about hiring an AD and letting that person make the final decision.

There's a dysfunctional feeling of inmates running the prison going on.