HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Um, where did I state I know who the best coach should be? Otherwise, I am not sure you understand the word irony, which in itself makes your response unintentionally ironic.

the whole thing was ironic. We're not much different from other fanbases, all of whom have their know-it-all contingent that you described.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clawson wanted the job very very badly back during the last coaching search. I’ve touched on the reasons why McGee makes sense and he wants the job and would take it. I’ve touched on Prime already.

If Clawson wants to come to GT now, and IMO GT is the better long term job given our potential over Wake Forest, GT needs to do everything we can to bring him here. That's a no brainer if true. At least make Clawson say "No".

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He makes a **** load as their OC, I heard around $2 million. He’s been waiting for the right HC job for a while and tech isn’t that job for him.
Todd makes $2M-ish, but I’m not sure he’s waiting as much as he doesn’t necessarily want to be a HC. He turned Southern Miss around as HC and then left for the OC job in Tampa Bay. Finding a way to make Jeff the head coach and Todd the OC would be interesting, but I don’t think we have the money.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Todd makes $2M-ish, but I’m not sure he’s waiting as much as he doesn’t necessarily want to be a HC. He turned Southern Miss around as HC and then left for the OC job in Tampa Bay. Finding a way to make Jeff the head coach and Todd the OC would be interesting, but I don’t think we have the money.
He wants the right job. He’s turned down a few in the past and there’s concerns on his offense at uga and if it’s truly his offense all alone.

JacketFan137

Banned
Top Candidates in no order:
Dave Clawson
Jamey Chadwell
Dell McGee
Deion Sanders
i’m just not sure what we provide to dave clawson at this point. he’s got his thing rolling and it’s not like he gets a benefit from jumping from one part of the acc to the other. i would LOVE him i’m just not sure he’d leave

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Todd Monken is literally doing less with same/more talent at Georgia than O’Brien is at Alabama. If y’all are going to lament O’Brien’s name being brought up in the search you have to do the same with Monken. And Dell McGee?? Wtf?? He lost his AHC title at Georgia. Sure, he’s a good recruiter, but he’s recruiting to UGA. The school with the highest recruiting budget in the country. It would harder to **** that up than it would be to get it right.

I’m not anti hiring somebody from UGA, obviously they run a high quality program, but those 2 guys wouldn’t be close to the top of my list.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Never missed a bowl game, never had a losing season. Do you really think they took GT serious they were a 19 point favorite.
Again, unless the GTAA changes the direction of the football program, Gus is not the guy. In addition to a 5 year 11.5M contract he would have to be bought out of, Gus is just not known as a great recruiter or developer of talent. The football program was viewed largely as going through the motions and his reputation at the pro level is not very good. I don't see it.