Hawks have traded Dwight Howard to the Hornets !!!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Link
"The Hawks will receive Miles Plumlee and Marco Belinelli in the deal. The Hawks will send a second-round pick, No. 31 overall, to the Hornets in the deal."

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Brian Windhorst, who I don't fully trust/believe, says Hawks are fielding calls about sign n' trades for Millsap. Teams interested include DEN, PHX, SAC - basically a bunch of teams who're looking to become a playoff team. Need a vet presence.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'm just referring to Dwight Howard being another Roy Hibbert for us. Obviously that's an exaggeration. We actually had a decent team last year. Just no inside presence/defense especially with Zeller out for so many games which were all pretty much losses.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm just referring to Dwight Howard being another Roy Hibbert for us. Obviously that's an exaggeration. We actually had a decent team last year. Just no inside presence/defense especially with Zeller out for so many games which were all pretty much losses.

Ah yeah, I forgot you were a HorCat fan. Are y'all loving this trade as much as we aren't?

jeffgt14

Ah yeah, I forgot you were a HorCat fan. Are y'all loving this trade as much as we aren't?
Hard to really be too upset. Got rid of $18mil going to worthless players and received $23mil of someone who can help us. I mean I think we went like 4-25 or something crazy when Cody Zeller was hurt last year because Frank Kaminsky can't play D down low and we were still in the playoff race at the end. And Cody Zeller is turrible.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Big news day.

NYK finally fire Phil.

CP2 traded to the Rockets to fight with Har_en over who gets to dribble the ball.

jeffgt14

Downgrade for both Rockets and Clippers IMO. I thought Harden running the point was a good thing and losing a defender like Beverly and a 1st rounder hurts.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Big news day.

NYK finally fire Phil.

Let's see...Porzingas who's a once in a generation big man, or Phil Jackson who's proven himself to like making headlines more than putting together a winning team? Easy decision....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Downgrade for both Rockets and Clippers IMO. I thought Harden running the point was a good thing and losing a defender like Beverly and a 1st rounder hurts.

Agreed. Morey is a video game GM. Just throwin' names together.

I actually think LAC has a chance to be better. Quiet as it's kept, I think Paul depressed Griffin's game more than people think.

Let's see...Porzingas who's a once in a generation big man, or Phil Jackson who's proven himself to like making headlines more than putting together a winning team? Easy decision....

Only thing that made the decision hard for NYK IMHO is I think Phil was purposely trying to get fired so he gets all his money. What other explanation could there be for how ham-fistedly he handled everything?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Paul George traded to OKC, per Ramona Shellburne twitter.

For Oladipo and Sabonis (yuck package).

Danny Ainge is perpetually standing on the edge scared to jump. Smh

jeffgt14

Good fit IMO. Thunder desperately need help other than Russ. I still think they need some real role players but I think those 2 are actually capable of playing with each other.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Paul George traded to OKC, per Ramona Shellburne twitter.

For Oladipo and Sabonis (yuck package).

Danny Ainge is perpetually standing on the edge scared to jump. Smh

Did you hear the rumor that Celts could have gotten Jimmy Butler for peanuts? Celts could have also gotten Paul George for peanuts as well.

I think Ainge likes the thought of hoarding draft picks and giving himself an excuse as to why he can't beat the Cavs to get out of the East more than he actually likes winning.

http://deadspin.com/danny-ainge-either-knows-something-we-dont-or-hes-a-ho-1796383287

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Funny. I read where Deng and Mozgov were paid more than Sap got. That's a crime.

I wish Sap well in DEN. He'll help them a lot.

As for my Hawks ..... (siiiigh)