Hawaii Diamond Head Classic

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The trip before they let the guy from Hawaii get away with more than what Usher did

Usher should have gone down and let the guy land on him...that would have been a savvy move to get the foul on the other guy.

Hard to miss when a guy gets judo tossed like a sack of potatos.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching this team drives me crazy at times. Tech could have taken this team out within the first 12 minutes of the game , but continued to make turnovers, one and done shots and keepingthe "RainbowWarriors" in the game. Really, the lack of offensive rebounds in that time period was head shaking! I can tell you right now that our conference brothers will make Tech pay for that kind of play!!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Usher should have gone down and let the guy land on him...that would have been a savvy move to get the foul on the other guy.

Hard to miss when a guy gets judo tossed like a sack of potatos.
Actually, I kind liked what he did. He had a guy all over his back and he performed the most efficient move to get him off without endangering himself. No malice intended and a beautiful body slam! The announcer said flagrant 1 but could understand flagrant 2. I say move was necessary for safety of player and common foul, but could understand flagrant 1.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
We need this Wright for the rest of the season

INDIVIDUAL NOTES

• Moses Wright averaged 17.7 points and 7.3 rebounds Tech’s three games in the Diamond Head Classic, and was voted to the all-tournament team. He connected on 21-of-33 shots from the floor (63.6 pct.) and 10-of-12 from the free throw line (83.3 pct.).

seems like the bulb is starting to glow a bit. before... he would settle for a perimeter shot. now he looks to go to the basket FIRST. that is where he does the most good.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
seems like the bulb is starting to glow a bit. before... he would settle for a perimeter shot. now he looks to go to the basket FIRST. that is where he does the most good.
You’re right. He’s only settling for the perimeter shot now, when the shot clock is winding down in the big CTO.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We need him to play smart.Usher and JA both shot 30% in Hawaii. --not good for the minutes they play.
Moses is playing smarter. I’d rather him shoot out of his range if they are laying off him and the shot clock is expiring(it happened twice in the Hawai’i game), as we have a chance to get a rebound on a miss. He’s tall which helps get a shot off. I noticed Banks tossed one up from 15-18’, which bricked. Might have been the Houston game?

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching this team drives me crazy at times. Tech could have taken this team out within the first 12 minutes of the game , but continued to make turnovers, one and done shots and keepingthe "RainbowWarriors" in the game. Really, the lack of offensive rebounds in that time period was head shaking! I can tell you right now that our conference brothers will make Tech pay for that kind of play!!
Yeah It's maddening that we can never get any seperation but it is hard to do when you have several spells of 3 -4 minute stretches without scoring. Turnovers, missing wide open shots, and giving up offensive rebounds. It drives me crazy too!

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
He hasn't changed much since high school. You need guys like him on the team when everyone else is lackadaisical. Unfortunately, being aggressive hurt him yesterday as he got ejected (which was soft on the refs part).

Unfortunately Usher acts like he's never committed a personal foul, and that attitude is going to hurt more than help him in ACC play against the likes of the member schools of the tobacco road cabal. He better clean that part of his game up because he ain't playing in the PAC 10 anymore.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need him to play smart.Usher and JA both shot 30% in Hawaii. --not good for the minutes they play.
My thought is that had a lot to do with a.) those two just getting back into the rotation and b.) three games in four days. Their legs were probably tired.

We need to see an uptick in scoring for those two, but I really think that we will see them shoot better in the coming games.

Usher's shots have looked good, but it would be good to see him have a breakout game. Take some pressure off of him.

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
FSU is going to apply pressure and is deep...we need to take care of the ball and shoot well...with Jose back we are a different team and can do that.I can remember a game a few years back...at home vs FSU...similar feeling going in,gotta take care of the ball...shoot well etc...we came out and absolutely destroyed them...Lammers and JO went off,we won by like 30.We are in there house,going to be tough and we could be the ones getting a drubbing.UNC is VERY beatable...that will be a close game even in Chapel Hill...we match up great vs. them.That's the one I think is doable!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We don’t need “not bad losses”, we need good wins.
At this point we just need wins. Like a LOT of them. We have 19 games left with only 6 wins. I can’t see us making the tournament with less than 17 wins, and I think 18-19 is probably more realistic. Even that would be a stretch.

So...we have to win 12-13 out of 19 to go dancing. Anyone actually think we have a remotely realistic shot at that?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
At this point we just need wins. Like a LOT of them. We have 19 games left with only 6 wins. I can’t see us making the tournament with less than 17 wins, and I think 18-19 is probably more realistic. Even that would be a stretch.

So...we have to win 12-13 out of 19 to go dancing. Anyone actually think we have a remotely realistic shot at that?

In before the negative folks. I do.

Hear me out.

Jose just got the best outcome he could for coming back from injury. Three quick games in succession without any stumbling should have his confidence back to normal for the cuts he will need to make in ACC play.

Throw in us finally having some tape to coach from for Jordan to see the fine line between balling out and out of control balling and I think he’ll steady and improve through the back half of the season.

Devoe seems to be getting more comfortable with his return to the 2 spot and Bubba has improved his handle to spell JA as needed so we have a good solid set of guard line ups.

Moses May have just found out he is a man playing amongst boys when he gets to high gear. I think he will continue his improvement.

Banks remains a question mark for me. He could be so much more than he is showing. With consistency he would be an elite (all-ACC big) so I’m hoping he comes alive, if he doesn’t though I think we can still make hay rotating through Khalid, Moses, Cole and co.

Our defense seems to be holding up well and should continue through the season and we finally started getting some transition points in the back of the tourney. Again having these things on tape to coach to should make a world of difference.

As is always the case with CJP teams if we can find a way to avoid the turnover bug and keep our guys honest at the line we can still make a splash and do some dancing NCAA (notoriously compromised against Atlanta ) be damned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
In before the negative folks. I do.

Hear me out.

Jose just got the best outcome he could for coming back from injury. Three quick games in succession without any stumbling should have his confidence back to normal for the cuts he will need to make in ACC play.

Throw in us finally having some tape to coach from for Jordan to see the fine line between balling out and out of control balling and I think he’ll steady and improve through the back half of the season.

Devoe seems to be getting more comfortable with his return to the 2 spot and Bubba has improved his handle to spell JA as needed so we have a good solid set of guard line ups.

Moses May have just found out he is a man playing amongst boys when he gets to high gear. I think he will continue his improvement.

Banks remains a question mark for me. He could be so much more than he is showing. With consistency he would be an elite (all-ACC big) so I’m hoping he comes alive, if he doesn’t though I think we can still make hay rotating through Khalid, Moses, Cole and co.

Our defense seems to be holding up well and should continue through the season and we finally started getting some transition points in the back of the tourney. Again having these things on tape to coach to should make a world of difference.

As is always the case with CJP teams if we can find a way to avoid the turnover bug and keep our guys honest at the line we can still make a splash and do some dancing NCAA (notoriously compromised against Atlanta ) be damned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with this entirely ... and am hoping for the best !!