Have we filled all of our coaching vacancies yet?

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
This makes sense. Long is a TE coach, so I expect a QB coach to be added. I suspect that this was made public after the bowls were played, but what do I know? I'm just guessing.
The Weishan rumor I was told came true so hopefully the QB search rumor comes true as well. Nothing I can substantiate right now though.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Would you take a pay cut in your job to bring in a talent to work under you? I wouldn't.
Yes, I definitely would and did so before to turn around a business. One of the best decisions I ever made. Not only did the business go on to be very successful but I did too.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Looks like we need another TE and ST coach now.

The logical and obvious move after this it to shift Long to TEs and bring in a QB coach. Not sure what it’ll mean for special teams though. I don’t think there are too many QB coaches out there who also do special teams. So that means they’ve either got to find a rare breed or give an existing coach the additional responsibility. I don’t know if there’s anyone on staff currently who has worked on a special teams unit either. Will be interesting.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I definitely would and did so before to turn around a business. One of the best decisions I ever made. Not only did the business go on to be very successful but I did too.
Well, I guess it depends on the size of the company. I once had a leadership role in a smaller company where the management took a 10% reduction in pay to stay afloat. But, in general, I think that's a bad idea. If you can't afford to pay for your top talent, then you probably aren't going to make it. Exceptions are very small businesses and start-ups. Just my opinion. If you don't have a vested interest, you shouldn't be taking a pay cut for the company.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
excited for a new QB coach. our QBs deserve better than patenaude
Whe
excited for a new QB coach. our QBs deserve better than patenaude
It’s official. Chris Weinke as QB coach.

Long will have TEs along with his OC duties.
Some coaches with these qualities and experience should have been hired when COLLINS was hired to rebuild this team . Instead he hired 3/4 of his staff from Temple . About half of them were not good coaches or good recruiters. It took 27 loses, the fan base , season ticket holders the big money donors to get the AD and the HC to bring in some quality coaches. If live to be 300 I still don’t understand what he was thinking from day 1 when he was hired. Most head coaches gets really picky and get coaches from 7 or 8 different staffs. I under stand bringing 1 or 2 assistant coaches with you from your former team. ?????