Has this been a long off season

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
or what? Looking back, not having that bowl game, making the bowl season less interesting for me to some degree, has made this off season seem twice as long. I am REALLY wanting some football. Hopefully the hunger I feel pales in comparison to what the players feel.

18 straight years of a certain duration off season has spoiled me. I don't want to do this again.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
or what? Looking back, not having that bowl game, making the bowl season less interesting for me to some degree, has made this off season seem twice as long. I am REALLY wanting some football. Hopefully the hunger I feel pales in comparison to what the players feel.

18 straight years of a certain duration off season has spoiled me. I don't want to do this again.

To tell you how ready I am the first thing I did this morning was set the DVR to record the Tech/BC game! :D I mean, even before my first cup of coffee!!!!

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah it's been longer for me too. Normally, I re-watch game from the season on youtube via GTBob. There weren't any games I've wanted to re-watch this season. Sure, I've seen the kick-6 video a thousand times, but it's only a few minutes! I should note that while the offseason has been long, we have not had to deal with ACL injuries and mass dismissals like previous seasons.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
This week will drag on forever. Luckily there are some games on Thursday and then our game is so early (for those not going) that it should make things a little easier to deal with, although I agree this has seemed like the longest offseason that I can remember. I think I've been counting down for the last 10-12 weeks

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

It's been an eternity, and the topics on this board are a testament to how much we NEED another season (and make it a good one).

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Agree with all of the above. Feeling the stirring. This recruiting season and some good wins in that department so far has helped some ... then again, that may be just awakening my football beast even more.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We are craving some football. It's been too long.

We're ready for:
  • A trip to the Paul Johnson Radio Show in midtown
  • A real-game reason to take a step onto Callaway Plaza
  • The sound of the steam whistle
  • The power of the band playing their way onto the field
  • The puff of smoke as the Ramblin' Wreck pulls out of the tunnel and leads the team onto the field
  • Buzz leading the band as the crowd bobs up and down.
It's been too long since we've heard the sound of PJ Davis lighting someone up. Too long since we saw JT make his read and then toss to a trailing A-back for a long run. Too long since we saw the O-line plow through to the second level and make the D-line look like it was going backward on skates. And, too long since we watched the Mesh being worked just right by JT and a B-back.

Yeah. It's been a long off-season. Welcome back, Jackets. Together We Swarm!!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

Amen and preach on, brother! I even watched a good bit of Hawaii and Cal last night.