has the success of vandy hurt tech in recruiting?

snocap1

Georgia Tech Fan
has the success of vandy hurt tech in recruiting? based on the fact that they recruit the same type of player, and also recruit Atlanta very hard

thanks,

Lenny Land

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Now, I think this is a pretty good question to consider. Franklin is a good coach and has definitely taken Vandy up a notch. I haven't really followed it closely, but it seems like Tech and Vandy do compete for some of the same kids. Does anyone know of specific instances where they have convinced a recruit to commit over us?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Nigel Bowden last year with the double flip. Flipped from Vandy to us then Franklin drove down and flipped him back. Franklin has brought a lot of hype to his program and that gets kids excited. Unfortunately he just not a very good coach and his on the field results will be his undoing. I see him as a Lane Kiffin 2.0, big mouth little brain.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
What makes you think he's a bad coach? I've just noticed Vanderbilt has been a little more competitive than usual (more success by Vandy standards that is). I don't know a lot about Franklin honestly.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
good question.

I think it has...I know it has with some recruits like Jay Woods.