Has the hype been humbled?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Recruiting. He will succeed or fail on the recruiting trail. Games this year matter only inasmuch as they impact recruiting. I know that sucks to hear but you have to let a guy succeed by doing what he does.

Collins is a recruiter.

I hope so. But if he can’t beat FCS talent with what we have....how good will his recruiting have to be? Top 5 classes just to win the coastal?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Guys, this is STILL true.

You can judge Collins in 3 years not 3 weeks.

we were +1 in turnover margin yesterday. Usually, losses in games like those are a result of a lot of turnovers. But we were +1, no?
And we lost. At home. To The Citadel.
we didn't lose to a Coastal Division opponent. we didn't lose to a P5 team. We didn't lose to a G5 team.
We lost to a FCS team with 22 fewer scholarships whose players have to be in drill and formation during the day and may not be a .500 team when the season ends.
we also are a sketchy goal line call away from losing to a team that may finish 1-11.
I was skeptical of the CGC hire. Yesterday erased any doubt I had.
I've seen enough.
I'll cheer Tech on to win because of the players, past, present and future.
But I am done with this clown show.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Maybe, but I think you have to give him 3 years.

Typically I say you have to give them 4. The next couple years are looking rather dreary at the moment so three is where I’m at after Saturday. And if year one and two are awful...year 3 better be pretty damn good.

Football isn’t much fun right now.

TStan will need to leave with CGC if he he doesn’t pan out.