Has Michigan State ever beaten Tech?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think we would have beat them in 1952 too and put an end to the nonsense of a 9-0 team claiming they were better than a 12-0 team.
In 1964 Michigan State was voted #20 in the Coaches Poll even though they had a 4-5 record and Illinois was voted #18 in the 1962 Coaches Poll even though they had a 2-7 record:rolleyes::vomit:

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
They beat no teams that were ranked either. We crushed # 6 Duke (lol), # 7 Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl, and edged # 12 Alabama.

You can laugh if you want to, but back then playing Duke was no walk in the park. Can't remember if Wallace Wade was still around but he was the only man that Bear Bryant was really in awe of. At a players reunion during the late 1950s from when the Bear was playing and Coach Wade was the coach at Alabama, everyone was smoking and talking (remember these were grown men well into their late 30s or so) until Coach Wade walked into the room and everyone hastily put out their cigarettes knowing how Coach Wade felt about them and you could hear a pin drop. That is how much respect the Bear had for him. Stands to reason Duke named their stadium after him.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I don't doubt Duke was stout back then. Just funny to look back on now.

It was funny in the context of Tech sharing a national championship with a team that won only 9 games none of which were against a ranked opponent. Unfortunately, Duke has become a problem again with Coach Cutliffe. I really think Tennessee made a big mistake not hiring him when they had the chance. IMHO

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It was funny in the context of Tech sharing a national championship with a team that won only 9 games none of which were against a ranked opponent. Unfortunately, Duke has become a problem again with Coach Cutliffe. I really think Tennessee made a big mistake not hiring him when they had the chance. IMHO
He turned Tennessee down flat because Fulmer was his friend