Has it come to this?

White_Gold

GT Athlete
There’s no justification for losing to a FCS school. Ever.

When that does happen, you damn well should accept that *every* aspect of your decisions leading up to it and afterwards would go through a very public autopsy.

I agree, some of it is uncalled for and unfounded however. That’s why I said “like some of y’all”.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Nah. High school and youth league coaches know more. And fans who bitched about Oliver running too much against Clemson, wanting moar passes, and are now bitching because Lucas is playing too much and want Oliver back. And screaming "Pick a QB" when they can't make their own minds up.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Losing to Citadel is inexcusable. GT should never lose to Citadel...but it's sports, and it happens. It's embarrassing for us, but you move on.

However, it's become evident that a LOT of GT fans don't want to accept CGC and will forever wait in the weeds looking to jump out at any misstep. There were GT fans that did the same when CPJ was here, same for Gailey, same for O'Leary, and same for Ross. No good comes from our own fanbase fracturing and trying to beat down a coach THREE GAMES into a tenure. Some people don't want to accept change, and that's fine. When you don't accept change and want to hurt your own program at the same time...well, that's a problem. There's nothing wrong with voicing criticism, but there a quite a few on here going beyond the pale. That's a shame because in reality you're making it about you and not GT. You know who you are...

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It’s easier to accept a tough transition of Tech’s offensive scheme. Just having to work around QBs recruited to run Coach Johnson’s offense (that is, primarily running QBs) is certainly a challenge. It takes passing repetitions to be proficient at passing, it takes time to learn to see the whole field, it takes time for WRs and QBs to get on the same page. But, I cannot understand how an average FBS option team should be able to blitz our defense with the triple option, given our familiarity with that scheme.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Losing to Citadel is inexcusable. GT should never lose to Citadel...but it's sports, and it happens. It's embarrassing for us, but you move on.

However, it's become evident that a LOT of GT fans don't want to accept CGC and will forever wait in the weeds looking to jump out at any misstep. There were GT fans that did the same when CPJ was here, same for Gailey, same for O'Leary, and same for Ross. No good comes from our own fanbase fracturing and trying to beat down a coach THREE GAMES into a tenure. Some people don't want to accept change, and that's fine. When you don't accept change and want to hurt your own program at the same time...well, that's a problem. There's nothing wrong with voicing criticism, but there a quite a few on here going beyond the pale. That's a shame because in reality you're making it about you and not GT. You know who you are...
Dude.

You guys know right?

About what kind of fanbase you have?

Like, deep down you know.

You guys have some fantastic fans, but overall, as a fanbase...

PantherWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Losing stinks, but acting like a single game will define how this program and staff turns out is absurd. UL-Monroe made some noise in 2007, but major change takes time. I absolutely do not think that this means that things will turn out for GT in the long run, but I will be there supporting our athletes every game regardless.