Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah it doesn’t matter what kind of skill position guys you have if you don’t have LOS guys, why is it we’ve always had hard time getting those ? Is that where the academics comes into play ?

Well, there are less of them quantity-wise, so the factories go all in to get them, especially the D-linemen. It is basically supply and demand, and the supply is low of the big nasties.

GT_EE78

Banned
where do you think our qb talent ranks?
what about our OL? We are starting a walkon and a Vandy reject there.
it just baffles me how people can look at this team offensively and not see the severe limitations.
But, but, but the recruiting promised land is just around the corner. It does not matter that we have never been able to consistently recruit the kind of OL and DL needed. Head meets sand for a good number of fans on this board.
I'd suspect that you're right but i'm not going to create a spreadsheet to prove it. If you're referring to our avg team ranking (50th) over the past four years , then yes my recollection is that QB/OL/DL were below that average while RB/DB/LB were above. 3star guys aren't going to get us out of the doldrums so this years QB/OL/DL recruiting didn't meet expectations but there's no reason not to believe that CGC can get there ...Hopefully sooner rather than later.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Who did we beat out for these linemen? The newest guy I like.

This has been discussed many times. Rankins, Williams, and Paula have many P-5 offers. Trent Howard has a few and was just named to the Alabama all star game with Jayson Jones. Not sure why Cade doesn’t have more offers. He seemed to shut down his recruiting very early and many project him to play early. Green is more of a project with tremendous measurables. Spiers is growing into his body and was hand picked by Key. Plays nasty. All in all, they have body types that are better suited for what we want to do offensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of you guys make being a GT fan insufferable. This entire thread is a microcosm of the entire fanbase.

I laugh when I see posters here say "we need more sidewalk fans."

Yeah? No shadoobie .

Unfortunately a large percentage of the fan base runs them off.

The stands weren’t as bad as some are saying especially for a 2 win team. There were times during the end of Saint Richts tenure where UGAGs stands were full against SEC teams (Arkansas Stands were 3/4 full). Winning consistently fixes that.

We were at the game yesterday. My observations from section 102.

D-line is terrible. QB had time to start drawing social security in the pocket.

O-line is nearly as bad.

Second half the team adjusted well. D was playing hard.

We thought Johnson scored when he fumbled as we were on the opposite side of the field. That play swung the game 10 points.

Overall I see lots of improvement. Lines need to be completely rebuilt that is the most glaring thing.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Is the recruiting uptick big enough to overcome the coaching downtick? It appears we are just slightly better in average star ranking which is a much better measure of talent than the overall which relies heavily on numbers.
I not sure there is really an uptick in recruiting more of a difference in who we are going after. This year we seem to be going after more OL ( great ) I think we have 5 if 3 pan out that could be good news. I know some look at the ratings but you can get your ratings higher by signing a bigger class.

LibertyTurns

Banned
But, but, but the recruiting promised land is just around the corner. It does not matter that we have never been able to consistently recruit the kind of OL and DL needed. Head meets sand for a good number of fans on this board.
As Rummy once famously said: “You go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time”. I hope the hopey changey does not turn into the dopey changey. We seemingly played right into Pitt’s strengths yesterday. Very odd.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t look at ratings, I look at offers. We are now getting guys that other P5 teams want. That wasn’t the case under the old system.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think because most of us can see big picture on how the program is going to evolve. Coach Collins may not have lived up to the hype so far, but also it does show much cpj was a mastermind. Cpj was great at coaching up talent, and it proved that the option was great for us. Any new non option coach would have struggled this year I believe

Have to look big picture, if we want to change back to a standard offence it's gonna take time

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Or a different Head Coach.... I think we might need to accept the fact that Bill Lewis was a transitional coach from Bobby Ross to George Oleary.... Geoff Collins looks like a transitional coach from Paul Johnson to.....a future Hire...
FYI Bill Lewis team did not quit until year 3... I keep hearing the same things I heard during Bill Lewis first five win season...Team hasn't quit.. Hopefully I am wrong , hopefully Geoff Collins and Brent Key can get a bunch of 5 stars to come to Tech, haven't seen it yet.... Hopefully Geoff Collins can at least be like Bill Lewis and win 10 games in his first two years.... Still not seeing it..

Last edited:

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Or a different Coach
The vocal few in here that want a different coach need to accept that he's gonna be here for a bit . We are in year one of an expected transition, and don't have the funds to fire him..if next year is this bad , questions will for sure need to be asked.

GTFLETCH

Banned
The vocal few in here that want a different coach need to accept that he's gonna be here for a bit . We are in year one of an expected transition, and don't have the funds to fire him..if next year is this bad , questions will for sure need to be asked.

Yes vocal few on this board, but where I sit at Bobby Dodd... Not the vocal few.... Also with every game less people show to my section

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Or a different Head Coach.... I think we might need to accept the fact that Bill Lewis was a transitional coach from Bobby Ross to George Oleary.... Geoff Collins looks like a transitional coach from Paul Johnson to.....a future Hire...
FYI Bill Lewis team did not quit until year 3... I keep hearing the same things I heard during Bill Lewis first five win season...Team hasn't quit.. Hopefully I am wrong , hopefully Geoff Collins and Brent Key can get a bunch of 5 stars to come to Tech, haven't seen it yet.... Hopefully Geoff Collins can at least be like Bill Lewis and win 10 games in his first two years.... Still not seeing it..

5 stars are never coming to Tech. Pointless to place your faith in this.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I *think* we have 7 committed as of this week. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read that in the recruiting thread....
What is theit ratings? 7 five stars....7 4 stars??? Or 3 stars... Which would tell me that the hype of better recruiting is BS... And what we need is Coaching....If we are going to recruit three stars we need a coaching staff that can coach them up..