Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
This season has been a huge disappointment!

We were picked to finish first in the Coastal based on the plethora of large, seasoned linemen on both sides of the ball, not to mention the return of a QB who threw for over 2000 yds. This is a senior laden team that returned the majority of its starters on both sides of the ball, and was fairly flush with players recruited to fit the exact systems we run on both sides of the ball. We have not lost any key guys to injury on the line.

The media also picked us to finish first and win 9 games.

THE COACHES DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! Collins will NEVER be successful at Tech and should be fired NOW. Why wait any longer?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@InsideLB good use of sarcasm!

Believe it or not, I like the defense a lot better than Roof's even if the ranking is about the same. The special teams appears better than last year as well.

The offense is just hard to watch most of the year because it looks like a circus. I will yield that the offense looks better the last two games and is closer to my expectations.

Scubapro

Banned

Believe it or not, I like the defense a lot better than Roof's even if the ranking is about the same. The special teams appears better than last year as well.

The offense is just hard to watch most of the year because it looks like a circus. I will yield that the offense looks better the last two games and is closer to my expectations.
I have to echo your sentiments but we need to stop wasting good punts with poor coverage.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

If there is anything that stands out about the D it's the smart aggresivnees (under control) in the tackling by a fair number of LB's and DB's. Especially by Charlie T. On the play he got a supposed stinger he came at the runner, like a cruise missile. Not the first time.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Well they’re still valid concerns. Anyone ready to declare victory after one win is delusional. Two weeks from now we’re going to play a good football team, and if we score 7 offensive points in regulation we will probably lose.

They’ve won two games.
Alabama won titles as a low scoring defense first team. Who’s to say?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The general tone of this thread has certainly calmed down a bit since 5PM Saturday but predictably will reverse course upon our next loss, if there is one.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The general tone of this thread has certainly calmed down a bit since 5PM Saturday but predictably will reverse course upon our next loss, if there is one.
I, for one, can handle losing, but I expect we have the good old GT effort behind it and we conduct ourselves in a manner bringing credit to our great Institute.

When we start acting like the imbeciles to the north or the thugs to the south, well I’ll ***** about that. I’ve sat thru enough GT games to not expect National Championships any time soon, but I’ll be damned if I’ll tolerate cheap shots, poor behavior, etc from any of our Teams. I don’t want to win bad enough to win that way. I’d rather us get our butts kicked.

I’m sure I’ll warm some to the sideline antics in time, but I would appreciate if we could confine the shenanigans to close games. I really would not prefer to be jumping up and down acting crazy stupid if we’re either getting our butts kicked or kicking someone else’s. It’s not a good look either way. My Dad just taught me to let your play speak for itself. Guess I’m old fashioned like that and always will be.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious if all they players just stood there or sat on the benches, would the narrative be that the players have packed it in and given up on the season because they look disinterested and aren't cheering for their teammates?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I, for one, can handle losing, but I expect we have the good old GT effort behind it and we conduct ourselves in a manner bringing credit to our great Institute.

When we start acting like the imbeciles to the north or the thugs to the south, well I’ll ***** about that. I’ve sat thru enough GT games to not expect National Championships any time soon, but I’ll be damned if I’ll tolerate cheap shots, poor behavior, etc from any of our Teams. I don’t want to win bad enough to win that way. I’d rather us get our butts kicked.

I’m sure I’ll warm some to the sideline antics in time, but I would appreciate if we could confine the shenanigans to close games. I really would not prefer to be jumping up and down acting crazy stupid if we’re either getting our butts kicked or kicking someone else’s. It’s not a good look either way. My Dad just taught me to let your play speak for itself. Guess I’m old fashioned like that and always will be.
I don't won't to be acting like fools with celebrations or cheap shots on the field either.

At the UNC game I was in the upper East and was sitting directly across from the guys who were "dancing". In fact, looking around at the stadium's "big picture" they were hardly noticeable. Perhaps they are expected to be showing some spirit and enthusiasm while they count the minutes of the game that they know they won't be participating in and that is alright by me. I've read here that they are "graded" on their performance...that, I agree would be silly if true.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If I’m a football player in uniform on the sideline I’m ready to go in. I was like that as a starter and a back up down the depth chart. Did not matter.

Hey, a guy makes a great play. Congratulate him, fist pump, high 5 him, etc. Hell even jump up and down if that’s what floats your boat. Choreographed dancing, executing spirit cheers, etc. There’s a group that does that and I’m not used to it being football players. Maybe I’m wrong and I need to go home and put on some nylons and a wig? I know 1 thing, my Dad have kicked my butt if he found out I was practicing dance moves instead of practicing blocking and tackling. He would have told me to join the Dance Team if I wanted to dance, stay on the football team if I wanted to play football. Dad was a damn smart guy.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious if all they players just stood there or sat on the benches, would the narrative be that the players have packed it in and given up on the season because they look disinterested and aren't cheering for their teammates?
There's a fine line between many things. One of those is looking supportive and into a football game and the other is looking like a clown.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If I’m a football player in uniform on the sideline I’m ready to go in. I was like that as a starter and a back up down the depth chart. Did not matter.

Hey, a guy makes a great play. Congratulate him, fist pump, high 5 him, etc. Hell even jump up and down if that’s what floats your boat. Choreographed dancing, executing spirit cheers, etc. There’s a group that does that and I’m not used to it being football players. Maybe I’m wrong and I need to go home and put on some nylons and a wig? I know 1 thing, my Dad have kicked my butt if he found out I was practicing dance moves instead of practicing blocking and tackling. He would have told me to join the Dance Team if I wanted to dance, stay on the football team if I wanted to play football. Dad was a damn smart guy.

It doesn't float my boat but hey, different strokes for different folks. I've learned to ignore the sidelines and watch what goes on out on the field. If they're playing hard and learning their assignments, I'm all for whatever's motivating them.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

if it's choreographed, it's poorly choreographed lol. Looks like a bunch of players just jumping up and down holding signs, supporting their teammates in the way their coach told 'em to, to me.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you not see the assistant coach or trainer or whatever he was leading them in their dance?

nope. All I've seen are the brief camera shots of the "crew" jumping and holding signs. Only difference I see is the kids on PJ's teams held towels and waved 'em.

Frankly, I really don't care WTH they do. Am more interested in what's going on on the field of play. I've seen this sign-jumping stuff on other teams too.

nope. All I've seen are the brief camera shots of the "crew" jumping and holding signs. Only difference I see is the kids on PJ's teams held towels and waved 'em.

Frankly, I really don't care WTH they do. Am more interested in what's going on on the field of play. I've seen this sign-jumping stuff on other teams too.
I guess you didn't watch the game last week on TV then, because they clearly showed that for about 30 seconds. And there were no signs, just dancing.