Has Baron Radcliff...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
What’s scary is that Murray is still a very good hitter. He just doesn’t have Radcliff’s power.

But Murray adds so much more strength to an already talented bench. So I would keep Radcliff in at right field, at least as long as Radcliff stays productive at the plate.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What’s scary is that Murray is still a very good hitter. He just doesn’t have Radcliff’s power.

But Murray adds so much more strength to an already talented bench. So I would keep Radcliff in at right field, at least as long as Radcliff stays productive at the plate.

I'd put Murray LF, Nick CF and The Baron RF to start. If we need runs and not D, I'd put Hall in later in the game. If Hall makes that catch which was the second double of the first, UGAg doesn't score in the first. Nick would have made it standing.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd put Murray LF, Nick CF and The Baron RF to start. If we need runs and not D, I'd put Hall in later in the game. If Hall makes that catch which was the second double of the first, UGAg doesn't score in the first. Nick would have made it standing.
The thing about Hall though is he provides us with more power. Dude is a double machine and he provides a great at bat every time up.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm just not as high on Nick as you are. I love his defense, but Hall is the better player in every other aspect, except maybe drawing walks.

Defense wins championships. Ooops sorry, that's football.

Nick is currently better at getting on base, .333 versus Hall .294. Hall is better slugging .358 to .287. Nick and Colin have 10 RBIs, but Nick has gotten them in 87 AB and Colin in 95. I think Nick has gotten a lot better getting on base to the extent we still think about the last few years.

Nick is clearly better defensively and probably faster.

So I rescind my thought that Hall should ever replace Nick. Just had to look at the numbers ;)

The Baron OBP is .474. Murray is .300. So maybe Murray and Hall are the ones to interchange?

Clearly The Baron can't be taken out. (And I actually got back to the original post!!)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Defense wins championships. Ooops sorry, that's football.

Nick is currently better at getting on base, .333 versus Hall .294. Hall is better slugging .358 to .287. Nick and Colin have 10 RBIs, but Nick has gotten them in 87 AB and Colin in 95. I think Nick has gotten a lot better getting on base to the extent we still think about the last few years.

Nick is clearly better defensively and probably faster.

So I rescind my thought that Hall should ever replace Nick. Just had to look at the numbers ;)

The Baron OBP is .474. Murray is .300. So maybe Murray and Hall are the ones to interchange?

Clearly The Baron can't be taken out. (And I actually got back to the original post!!)
I agree with you on Baron. He has to play.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You guys seem to be trying to wedge the 4th best of these guys (Murray) into a 3 man race. Not a knock on Murray. It's just those other 3 make the lineup better (statistically). If you want to argue Murray's "2019 future" will look more like his 2018, then fine. But nothing says Murray MUST be back in (outfield) lineup when he's healthy.

This is a good problem to have. If we're talking about it, you know Hall, Radcliff, & Wilhite understand. And assuming they want to play, that competition should only be an impetus to perform.