Has anyone heard about season ticket renewals yet?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Apropos of nothing else, but why is the ACC so behind other conferences in announcing schedules? The SEC and BIG get their schedules out in Sept/Oct the year before.
We have work schedules, vacation time, etc not to mention many of us travel some distance & need hotel rooms, etc to organize attendance at games. GT and the ACC are clueless. I guess when you're driving 30 mins from UNC to Dook and then fighting the 3 Dookies attending their football games for the best parking space it makes no difference what weekend your game is on.

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
I've never had season tickets so I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I was at Bball game today and on the video board they had a QR code for Football season tickets. But again, not sure what it really meant.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Makes sense!

They already know that there is a high probability that I am renewing based off of history and my survey responses.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Got my early renewal window email heads-up tonight.... said window closes Feb 13, the same day I'll have flown 18 hours, 9000 miles. Hope I can stay awake to renew.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Got a notice last night for renewal -

Key Dates:
  • Thursday, February 2nd – 2023 football season ticket renewal process launches, with additional information to be sent the day renewals are live.
  • Monday, February 13th – Early renewal loyalty discount of $25 per ticket expires (does not apply to already discounted seats).
  • Friday, March 31st – 2023 football season tickets renewal deadline.

2023 Season Ticket Member Benefits:
  • $25 off per ticket if you renew before February 13th (does not apply to already discounted seats)
  • Priority access to season parking, away tickets, and other exclusive benefits
  • 10% discount on tour admission tickets to the College Football Hall of Fame
  • 15% discount on admission tickets to the Illuminarium Atlanta
  • Guaranteed access to the Yellow Jackets’ season opener versus Louisville at Mercedes-Benz Stadium*
  • VIP Service experience with dedicated sales and service representative

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
AJC reporting major percentage of seats will see a price drop!
Headline
In an attempt to spur ticket sales and revive attendance, Georgia Tech has dropped the per-game cost of season tickets on 94% of the seats in 55,000-seat Bobby Dodd Stadium and held the line for the remaining 6%.

Also the TECH fund donation will be reduced for 75% of seats.

slugboy

Staff member
Headline
In an attempt to spur ticket sales and revive attendance, Georgia Tech has dropped the per-game cost of season tickets on 94% of the seats in 55,000-seat Bobby Dodd Stadium and held the line for the remaining 6%.

Article link
Georgia Tech dropping season-ticket prices throughout stadium

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...hroughout-stadium/TGIPPGBOWVDS5BIFOGD4Q2PJFU/

(Via AJC News)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Headline

This is unusually forward thinking from GTAA. 👍 to Batt.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I can't hope but look forward to a day when the product we put on the field can command premium ticket prices. But for now, butts in seats are the important thing. Here's hoping it actually makes a difference.
Football is such an emotion-driven game that if you surprise the players with 70,000 gold shirts in the Benz for the opener against Louisville, that can even lead to better results (crowd noise and other home field advantage aspects non-withstanding).

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Football is such an emotion-driven game that if you surprise the players with 70,000 gold shirts in the Benz for the opener against Louisville, that can even lead to better results (crowd noise and other home field advantage aspects non-withstanding).

Agreed. I do think the opening against an ACC opponent is a good thing. Not only is it a new era with a new head coach, but the game actually means something - so hopefully the (GT, not uGA) fans grab season tickets and roll out the welcome mat at MBS for our boys.

Hell, if I wasn't 2000 miles away, I know I'd be there with my family. (Come to think of it, I might try to make something happen on that front...but Mrs. Dobbler might not be down with it. Worth a try, though.)