Has anyone else signed up for the Georgia Tech - Aer Lingus Classic (Ireland) game and already forked over the $1,000 yet?

bhoffman123

Georgia Tech Fan
What is the $1000 for? I went last time and booked my own travel and hotel. Kept costs down and gave us the flexibility to do what we want. Tickets were not that bad.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What is the $1000 for? I went last time and booked my own travel and hotel. Kept costs down and gave us the flexibility to do what we want. Tickets were not that bad.
Thanks for the info, @bhoffman123. The Aer Lingus site (which GT links us to) led me to believe that might be the only source for decent tickets. Do you know where and when the tix will be available. Tech just links everything to Aer Lingus.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Just wondering because I kind of hate to pay that much this soon without having any idea what I'm going to get. HELP!
Not sure what's available now but when I did it I selected the ticket only option. Can't remember the price but $275 rings a bell. There were basically 2 options- sideline club section or fancier endzone. Not sure either are available now, they could be but once I got mine I stopped caring. If you plunk down the $500 I think you're locking into a travel package. If I could lock in work schedules a year in advance that might be a decent option, but I'll likely be deciding in May when I'm heading over and coming back.

konabuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
We have a group of 6 that are going. No. Will move when something is actually detailed. Assumed plan is a combo of short duration Ireland/game tickets via Tech coupled with travel to other places in Europe on our own.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the feedback, guys. As I should have done initially, I just got off the phone with the Tech Ticket Office and they have confirmed that the GTAA will have plenty of tickets available and will go on sale next year so the Aer Lingus indications that their's was the only source of good seats is not correct.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info, @bhoffman123. The Aer Lingus site (which GT links us to) led me to believe that might be the only source for decent tickets. Do you know where and when the tix will be available. Tech just links everything to Aer Lingus.
Not true. There were a ridiculous number of open seats on both sides. May be a little different with FSU, but you should easily be able to get a ticket

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Wondering about the expected approximate ticket price for this game only, and when it will be available to single game ticket purchasers through the Tech ticket office.
Not interested in the package, as wifey and I plan to make a longer vacation out of the trip and will plan our own itinerary.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Wondering about the expected approximate ticket price for this game only, and when it will be available to single game ticket purchasers through the Tech ticket office.
Not interested in the package, as wifey and I plan to make a longer vacation out of the trip and will plan our own itinerary.
I didn't go last time, but I think I remember people saying the tickets were about $100 back then. Last time, I think Ticketmaster was made available to season ticket holders a week or so before tickets went onsale to the general public but I could remember incorrectly. I believe that was late January or early February.

If you look at information for this year's game, the tickets through the Universities are "sold out" and they are going to have a "lottery" for European residents to get tickets. However, there are limited "premium" tickets available if you purchase a travel package from Aer Lingus While I do think that ND and Navy will travel extremely well to Ireland, I don't think the tickets are as limited as the marketing would have you believe. Aer Lingus is sponsoring the game and would like to sell plane tickets and travel packages. While probably not entirely a lie, their wording is intended to get people to buy travel packages.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw a Facebook ad earlier today for a contest to win travel and tickets to to the game, but I can't find a link to it. Anyone know how I can enter?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
At the block party thingy last month, there was a rep for the game who have business cards with QR codes that signed you up to win 2 plane tix, hotel and game tix.
Get there early tomorrow and check it out. I think next week is the cut-off date to enter.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I’m a ST holder and a couple of months ago I spoke to my ticket rep. He assured me that later this year or early in 2024 tickets would definitely be made available to people who didn’t buy a travel package. I booked a 6 day tour through Globus that leaves the day after the game. It was about 40% cheaper than the AirLingus tour. Now I’m just hoping my rep knew what he was talking about.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If I decided that I was going, it would be for the sightseeing. To go over there thinking I was going to enjoy getting blasted by FSU is self-destructive behavior.