Harvin Named Ray Guy Award Finalist and Consensus All-American

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
The "fan vote" for the Ray Guy = 1 vote added to the committee total. So, if committee is 14 members, then 15 votes are counted.

So wait. Are we saying that each fan is equal to 1 votes, or the winner of the popular vote gets 1 additional vote. I assume the latter bc that's actually fair.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Shouldn't we have a group of students who get work study hours just to help GT win online polls?

This is why Buzz got banned from Capital One's mascot competition. GT students made voting bots and won the polls by millions of votes.

So if they've done it for Buzz, I'm sure theres some doing it for PH3. After all, all Miami and Ugag fans are too busy using their free time to hate on others.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is why Buzz got banned from Capital One's mascot competition. GT students made voting bots and won the polls by millions of votes.

So if they've done it for Buzz, I'm sure theres some doing it for PH3. After all, all Miami and Ugag fans are too busy using their free time to hate on others.
I remember that! It was such a Georgia Tech thing to do.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, like I said before. PH3 is the best punter in the nation. Jake Camarda and Lou Hedley didnt even win All-Conference 1st team, only Pressley did. And then he was the 1st team all american to top it off.

Simply put. Hes the GOAT. And if he doesnt win itll be a crying shame.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Vote for Pressley for Ray Guy Award here: https://www.rayguyaward.com/

THE FLATS – Punter Pressley Harvin III (Alcolu, S.C./Sumter) officially became the 22nd consensus All-American in Georgia Tech history when he received first-team recognition on the Sporting News and American Football Writers Association (FWAA) all-America teams on Wednesday.

The NCAA recognizes consensus All-Americans as players that are receive first-team honors on the majority of its officially recognized all-America teams. The NCAA currently recognizes the Associated Press (AP), American Football Coaches Association (AFCA), FWAA, Sporting News and Walter Camp as its officially recognized all-America selectors. In addition to being named to the FWAA’s and Sporting News’ first teams, Harvin was tabbed first-team All-America by the AP last week.

So just for the entertainment of the responses......if CPJ had stayed 2 more years does PH3 even get mentioned since his first 2 years he rarely punted. That said, since our offense has been crap the last two years it gave him the chance to punt so much he got worn out......

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
So just for the entertainment of the responses......if CPJ had stayed 2 more years does PH3 even get mentioned since his first 2 years he rarely punted. That said, since our offense has been crap the last two years it gave him the chance to punt so much he got worn out......
Dont start it, please. Can we just be happy that we have a possible unanimous All American.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
So, now we wait for thursday and Jan 7th to see if PH3 gets A. Unanimous All American and B. Ray Guy

If A. Comes true he will join KenSwilling and Calvin Johnson as the only 3 Unanimous All Americans

B. Should come true imo, I dont see an argument for anyone else winning. Feel free to discuss that.

C. If A and B come true I would like to see a campaign for him in the NCAAF HOF. He is one of the best punters in this generation and an amazing guy. Plus hes broken race barriers by being one of the only Black punters in the nation and quite literally the best punter. Hes a record breaker and a path paver. And honestly he has done some amazing work and is an amazing person on and off the field.

#Harvin4HOF

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is either a bad take or a troll. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and go with bad take.

Under CPJ, Pressley was All-ACC his freshman and sophomore years. Under CPJ, he was a Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) freshman All-American.

And with that, I'm sure you can also appreciate the strides Pressley has made with the new coaching staff to go from All-Conference to All-America and a potential Ray Guy Award winner.

Win-win-win all around.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Also for those who would like to know, here's Roddy Jones's take on the situation
Screenshot_20201230-223930_Instagram.jpg