Harrison Bailey

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Saw on 247 where he is in the transfer portal with a crystal ball to GT. Anyone know anything about? I think we could really use him here. Right person works with him and he could be really good. Curious to hear other’s thoughts.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
One of the best passers in GA high school history, and played pretty good in limited time as a true freshman last year. Only played in 1 game this year. He’s not a very good runner, he’s definitely a pocket passer. It’ll be interesting to see what happens if he ends up on campus. With Yates and Beatty leaving we’ll definitely need depth at QB, but with Sims, Bailey, and Pyron all in the same QB room with not much class differential it’ll make for a helluva battle in spring/summer camp. The starter will probably depend on what OC gets brought in and what he needs his QB to do. Bailey is obviously a better passer than Sims, and Sims is obviously the better runner. If the OL can hold up I’d love to be able to start Bailey and have packages for Sims to come in an change up the pace like what he did in the UNC game this year.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bryce Koon put in that Crystal ball about 15 minutes after he tweeted that the OC search was heating up. Wonder if one has to do with the other. ie the new OC target is someone Bailey would follow to Tech. Maybe somebody who was on Pruitt's staff at UT? Can't think a highly rated QB would transfer in to Tech not knowing who the OC and/or QBs coach will be.

Jim Chaney is working as an offensive analyst and was Bailey's primary recruiter. Chaney would be a big hire.

JacketFan137

Banned
One of the best passers in GA high school history, and played pretty good in limited time as a true freshman last year. Only played in 1 game this year. He’s not a very good runner, he’s definitely a pocket passer. It’ll be interesting to see what happens if he ends up on campus. With Yates and Beatty leaving we’ll definitely need depth at QB, but with Sims, Bailey, and Pyron all in the same QB room with not much class differential it’ll make for a helluva battle in spring/summer camp. The starter will probably depend on what OC gets brought in and what he needs his QB to do. Bailey is obviously a better passer than Sims, and Sims is obviously the better runner. If the OL can hold up I’d love to be able to start Bailey and have packages for Sims to come in an change up the pace like what he did in the UNC game this year.
i don’t think that’s a good idea. no teams really see a lot of success with that. i would imagine sims would transfer if he loses the job.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Bryce Koon put in that Crystal ball about 15 minutes after he tweeted that the OC search was heating up. Wonder if one has to do with the other. ie the new OC target is someone Bailey would follow to Tech. Maybe somebody who was on Pruitt's staff at UT? Can't think a highly rated QB would transfer in to Tech not knowing who the OC and/or QBs coach will be.

Jim Chaney is working as an offensive analyst and was Bailey's primary recruiter. Chaney would be a big hire.
Chaney was the OC under pruitt as well if recall. He is a good coach

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I also think that is a good sign we have our pick and just waiting to dot the i’s and lower case j’s.
That would be a hell of a first move by an OC hire to call a kid in the portal and tell him he’s your first call because you want him there with you.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Not even close. He was 3rd string at Tennessee for a reason.
Ehhh, he was 3rd string at Tennessee because he was behind a 3 year starter and grad transfer in Hooker, and a 4th year junior in Milton who started at Michigan last year. Bailey’s freshman year he outplayed senior Guarantano. Bailey would definitely be in the upper echelon of players if/when he got here

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Chaney would be the worst possible hire.

Some of y'all need to stop obsessing over ugag