Harrison Bailey

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I am sure Gibbs and his family have good reasons for going into the portal. He will likely get a starting spot wherever he goes. BUT he will probably not stand out among his new teammates as a once in a generation player like he did at Tech. My reasoning you may ask ? On BAMA for instance, he will be a great talent among many other great talents. Kind of like when you come from HS into Tech and you were the valedictorian in your HS class ( I was not, BTW ). Then you get to Tech and virtually everybody was a valedictorian. Maybe my logic is wacky, But wherever JG goes, I wish him the very best.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I am sure Gibbs and his family have good reasons for going into the portal. He will likely get a starting spot wherever he goes. BUT he will probably not stand out among his new teammates as a once in a generation player like he did at Tech. My reasoning you may ask ? On BAMA for instance, he will be a great talent among many other great talents. Kind of like when you come from HS into Tech and you were the valedictorian in your HS class ( I was not, BTW ). Then you get to Tech and virtually everybody was a valedictorian. Maybe my logic is wacky, But wherever JG goes, I wish him the very best.
Your logic is sound. If he goes to Bama he will have to EARN playing time as they always have guys of equal talent on their roster. Best of luck to him. At Bama he will need it.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I personally think he will EARN a starting job practically anywhere he goes, he is that good
Certainly possible. At Bama they have 5+ first round draft choices playing every year. Just look at their RBs the past 5-6 years. All NFL players. The competition will be intense. Gibbs appears to have the skills to excel there but there are no guarantees!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Stop it with trying to downplay Gibbs. He'll be more than fine wherever he goes. At Bama, defenses just cant focus on Gibbs like they do at GT. And he'll have an very good OL to run behind. If anything, I expect Gibbs to put up even better numbers at 'Bama because he'll get better matchups in the passing game, a more developed QB that can consistently get him the ball, and a better OL to block for him.

Gibbs gave us 2 good years. He could have not chosen us at all. If anything, we didn't fully give Gibbs the help he deserved. I personally don't have any ill will against Gibbs...he needs to do what's best for himself, his football career, and his family.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Stop it with trying to downplay Gibbs. He'll be more than fine wherever he goes. At Bama, defenses just cant focus on Gibbs like they do at GT. And he'll have an very good OL to run behind. If anything, I expect Gibbs to put up even better numbers at 'Bama because he'll get better matchups in the passing game, a more developed QB that can consistently get him the ball, and a better OL to block for him.

Gibbs gave us 2 good years. He could have not chosen us at all. If anything, we didn't fully give Gibbs the help he deserved. I personally don't have any ill will against Gibbs...he needs to do what's best for himself, his football career, and his family.
Gibbs was great for GT. Bama has 25 players that would be great at GT. Hope he is a superstar and a high draft choice. Don’t pretend GT’s football roster resembles Bamas. Gibbs is the only GT player they would even consider. The gap is gigantic in talent.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Then don't attack players. Coaches fine but not players.
Interesting. I wasn't attacking Sims at all, but it's very interesting that you read my comment as an attack. Hell, I even stated in the post that Sims has shown growth!

The transfer portal and the rules changes for transferring are ushering in a new era of college football that is not likely to be very kind to us. We're likely to see more kids follow what Gibbs did - and honestly it makes sense from the players perspective if they are planning on going pro.

Back to Harrison Bailey, I just don't see that happening and I'm not really sure why it would have been projected in the first place. Unless Sims was expected to hit the portal, it would seem like an odd move.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. I wasn't attacking Sims at all, but it's very interesting that you read my comment as an attack. Hell, I even stated in the post that Sims has shown growth!

The transfer portal and the rules changes for transferring are ushering in a new era of college football that is not likely to be very kind to us. We're likely to see more kids follow what Gibbs did - and honestly it makes sense from the players perspective if they are planning on going pro.

Back to Harrison Bailey, I just don't see that happening and I'm not really sure why it would have been projected in the first place. Unless Sims was expected to hit the portal, it would seem like an odd move.
I hate so say it but he seems perfect for uga’s offense, maybe Stanford, not sure who else?