Harrell Transferring to Florida

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Would someone please explain to me how a Master's Degree from Univ of Florida is better than a Master's Degree from Georgia Tech?:sick:

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Would someone please explain to me how a Master's Degree from Univ of Florida is better than a Master's Degree from Georgia Tech?:sick:
Not sure he was accepted to Tech. US news has Tech B-school #30 and UF #37. Pretty negligible if you ask me. Throw in the fact that he's a Florida resident and can get in state tuition, maybe the whole deal makes sense to him.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Hate to see a guy with his potential leave but love to see the young man continue to better himself wherever he feels comfortable. I can't help but wonder though, who gets him old jersey #. And can we please change the title of this thread to reflect what's actually going on with this situation?

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Hate to see a guy with his potential leave but love to see the young man continue to better himself wherever he feels comfortable. I can't help but wonder though, who gets him old jersey #. And can we please change the title of this thread to reflect what's actually going on with this situation?
Who ever can change the thread title should do so. His comments are too classy for the dismissed thread title to remain.

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, crud. Anthony was one of my favorites on defense. Was looking forward to him having a breakout season this year, now that he's fully recovered from injury.

Thanks for your time on the Flats, Anthony. Congrats on earning your GT degree. Good luck with the Gators, and be sure to break out the industrial-sized can of whup-arse on the dwags in Jacksonville this fall.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
so am i understanding this correctly? he was not suspended due to an infraction but rather because he is transferring???

meaning he will no longer be allowed on the field or allowed to watch practice. his playbook will be retrieved etc etc because he is part of the enemy now?

if he got accepted to the uf mba prog and not the gt mba prog i have no fault with that! i applaud the young man for putting his education first.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He's transferring.
A retraction and apology is owed. I like Anthony I wish he'd stayed but good luck to him at Florida.
One of our DE's could move there Whitfield or Simmons ?? *shrug*

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I want to give Anthony the benefit of the doubt. But how do we know he's not transferring in reaction to or to avoid a suspension?

Unless we see a retraction or further statement it's all "he said, she said".

Changing the thread title to what we know to be true and leaving it at that.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Found out a bit more about this situation: he made a mistake, was suspended and decided to transfer.

It's disappointing, but stuff happens. Definitely did NOT get suspended for wanting to transfer. He's well within his rights to leave. Anthony represented us well and, most importantly, earned his degree. Wish him well at Florida. Hope he makes some more memorable plays against UGA this fall.

As a fan, you have to decide whether or not to trust the coaching staff. They are there every day and know far more than us fans about team chemistry and dynamics.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
maybe he was suspended and elected to transfer than sit out. there have been reports he's wanted out anyway, or at least was looking around... as to smelter's tweet...yea cmon dude, Harrell was NOT the reason we won the game. He was a part of the reason we won the game with his return on the squib, but that, along with dozens of other plays, players, etc....

MTY

Georgia Tech Fan
FWIW - you can't just get accepted into A Master's Degree program at any school in one day. Anthony has been waiting for UF's reply for his application into their graduate program. Their Acceptance Letter came today.