Happy Independence Day

GT_EE78

Banned
Happy Independence Day to all.
thank you to every founding father who signed the Declaration of Independence.
the greatest founding fathers in history of the world!

upload_2020-7-4_9-19-13.jpeg

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Happy Independence Day to all.
thank you to every founding father who signed the Declaration of Independence.
the greatest founding fathers in history of the world!

upload_2020-7-4_9-19-13.jpeg
Amen. Throughout history, most people have lived under real tyranny and oppression (not what some in America claim now). Monarchies and tyrants were the norm. It’s a miracle that we won our independence and then formed a republic (as one founder said, “if we can keep it”).

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Amen. Throughout history, most people have lived under real tyranny and oppression (not what some in America claim now). Monarchies and tyrants were the norm. It’s a miracle that we won our independence and then formed a republic (as one founder said, “if we can keep it”).
True! When I was younger I just took it, like most things for granted. Now I do not and hope and pray that our future generations get to enjoy and experience what we and our ancestors did. For the first time in my life, I have put up the American flag on my front porch. I may have felt that was a bit cheesy years ago but now I am proud of the flag and what is stands and has stood for and despite the imperfections that cause many to loose sight of the overwhelming blessings. (Mods, please remove if this is too political! ;) )

LibertyTurns

Banned
True! When I was younger I just took it, like most things for granted. Now I do not and hope and pray that our future generations get to enjoy and experience what we and our ancestors did. For the first time in my life, I have put up the American flag on my front porch. I may have felt that was a bit cheesy years ago but now I am proud of the flag and what is stands and has stood for and despite the imperfections that cause many to loose sight of the overwhelming blessings. (Mods, please remove if this is too political! ;) )
Sad times on GTSwarm when loving your country is too objectionable, but it is what it is.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
If this is too political, then I’ll take the ban for you.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well the majority of Americans don’t know we’re a Republic and can’t name the 3 branches of government. Perhaps today should be a national day of studying LOL.

Snidely, I am a HS teacher. I can't get most of my kids to study for their exams.Given this, I cannot imagine most Americans would give up a day of cookouts, swimming, fireworks, etc to open a book!! Or, as George Carlin said, "think of how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of them are stupider than that." :LOL:;):(:banghead:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well the majority of Americans don’t know we’re a Republic and can’t name the 3 branches of government. Perhaps today should be a national day of studying LOL.
We are actually a constitutional republic and a liberal democracy that at times rules through direct democratic processes and at times through representative democratic processes.

Deleted member 2897

We are actually a constitutional republic and a liberal democracy that at times rules through direct democratic processes and at times through representative democratic processes.

Well to be clear, I was talking about our founding and the original defined structure of the country’s governance. I wasn’t referring to the subsets underneath it at the state or local level or how it’s morphed since then. In fact, you could make a defensible argument that we don’t have a Republic anymore.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well to be clear, I was talking about our founding and the original defined structure of the country’s governance. I wasn’t referring to the subsets underneath it at the state or local level or how it’s morphed since then. In fact, you could make a defensible argument that we don’t have a Republic anymore.
Just so I am clear, I wasn't trying to correct you or imply that what you said was incorrect. I agree with everything you said. I was just enhancing what you said. Regardless, most Americans think we're a democracy (which is essentially mob rule), which we're not.

"On another note...Why do witches burn? 'Cause they're made of wood?"