Hansen?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
During all the moans and groans about the OL - for good reason, of course - I didn't hear anything about Hansen. When he was mentioned in a spring press conference, Coach brushed the question off. Yet he was one of our Frosh who played last year and he looked pretty good out there (I watched).

What's the story? I suspect he was hurt, but maybe something else? I was actually counting on him for the #3 guard, if The Twins continued to have injury problems.

Inquiring minds want to know!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
During all the moans and groans about the OL - for good reason, of course - I didn't hear anything about Hansen. When he was mentioned in a spring press conference, Coach brushed the question off. Yet he was one of our Frosh who played last year and he looked pretty good out there (I watched).

What's the story? I suspect he was hurt, but maybe something else? I was actually counting on him for the #3 guard, if The Twins continued to have injury problems.

Inquiring minds want to know!
Man..... you gotta put (not bad) in your thread title lol.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
mid way in 15 iirc will bryan replaced senior ol guy when we burned his red shirt. He started 24 games till he was replaced by shamire ...

this young man had his shirt burned so he could ....

you got me... i have know idea whats happening with the oline. this will be our year that it comes together

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He definitely looks the part. Big strong boy. I noticed he looks a bit stiff out there. May be having some trouble bending to make the blocks we are looking for. I thought he would be a front line contributor this year but looks more like a back up at this point.

Go Jackets!

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no worries with Hansen bec Zakk Mckennan the freshman coming in from Louisiana is ready to play I believe he plays same position as Hansen, Zakk came from a small school if I'm correct, the boy is ready to get after it I expect him to get some playing time this year defense or offense side ball either one he's ready guys to bust some heads and Juanyeh is ready too!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I am with you on that. Zakk and Juanyeh are 2 of my favorite recruits. I think they both mean business and will arrive with some meanness bent on imparting pain whenever possible.

Go Jackets!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I like Zakk too, but I think he needs a year in the weight room before he takes the field. Most OLs do and he could use another 10 or 15 pounds.

But we'll see.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Yeah , that's what I love - Hansen still needs more work , so we will have to play a true freshman !! Our depth is amazing !! ( Sarcasm intended ).... I mentioned this very thing on another thread. HOPING true freshman can contribute is not a good sign , IMO.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I have no worries with Hansen bec Zakk Mckennan the freshman coming in from Louisiana is ready to play I believe he plays same position as Hansen, Zakk came from a small school if I'm correct, the boy is ready to get after it I expect him to get some playing time this year defense or offense side ball either one he's ready guys to bust some heads and Juanyeh is ready too!
I like Zakk but I think he will redishirt and get stronger and more fundamentally sound. The only guys I think have a chance at getting playing time are pretty much on the defensive side.

J Thomas, C Thomas, Griffin, Jackson, King, Dingle, Domineck.

On offense I would say Maye and/or Carter.

JMO though.

As far as Hansen goes, it would be nice for his to contribute!