Hadley at Congaree

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Poor guy has the worst round in the top 50 today. Looks so nervous down the stretch. Just hit the grand stand at the 18. I’m posting this hoping I jinx myself and he makes par to tie for the win and force a playoff. 1 guy is in at -11 and Hadley in the last pairing is walking over by the green to look for his ball at -11. He only hit 4 greens out of 18 today.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Poor guy has the worst round in the top 50 today. Looks so nervous down the stretch. Just hit the grand stand at the 18. I’m posting this hoping I jinx myself and he makes par to tie for the win and force a playoff. 1 guy is in at -11 and Hadley in the last pairing is walking over by the green to look for his ball at -11. He only hit 4 greens out of 18 today.
He hit only 4 greens? Wow, I didn't realize that.

Deleted member 2897

He hit only 4 greens? Wow, I didn't realize that.

Sadly, he missed his par putt and finished on a 6-way tie for second. First world problems, when you’re sad to finish 2nd in a PGA event. But the guys all around him shot -3 to -7 today and he shot +4. You have to BG o back but o the 52nd finisher before you find another +4 today.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
The last few holes produced hooks that put him in bad positions. I really feel bad for him because he was in position to win! Hopefully he will get right backout there and and compete.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Pro golf is the most savage of all sports. When you meltdown, there isn't a second string QB or relief pitcher coming in to save the day. And if you are in the last group and in contention, the cameras can't cut away to someone else. I had that same sort of queasy feeling I usually get when we trot out a FG kicker. You wan't to turn away and not watch but you can't help yourself. That up and down he had on 18 to at least get it into a playoff - he would convert that 98% of the time during a practice round. Like first& ten, I feel bad for him and hope he bounces back.

Deleted member 2897

Pro golf is the most savage of all sports. When you meltdown, there isn't a second string QB or relief pitcher coming in to save the day. And if you are in the last group and in contention, the cameras can't cut away to someone else. I had that same sort of queasy feeling I usually get when we trot out a FG kicker. You wan't to turn away and not watch but you can't help yourself. That up and down he had on 18 to at least get it into a playoff - he would convert that 98% of the time during a practice round. Like first& ten, I feel bad for him and hope he bounces back.

The interesting thing (in a slow motion train wreck kind of way), is that almost everyone around Hadley with the exception of Higgo faded down the stretch. Van Pelt had 3 bogeys in the last 6 holes. Hadley's playing partner Harris English had 4 bogeys and 1 double bogey on the back 9. Dustin Johnson played the final 3 holes in 3 over. It was carnage.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The interesting thing (in a slow motion train wreck kind of way), is that almost everyone around Hadley with the exception of Higgo faded down the stretch. Van Pelt had 3 bogeys in the last 6 holes. Hadley's playing partner Harris English had 4 bogeys and 1 double bogey on the back 9. Dustin Johnson played the final 3 holes in 3 over. It was carnage.
Yes, I noticed the same thing in seeing the day 4 scoring. Seems odd for a relatively unknown tournament meaning not near the pressure of other tourneys.