Had a vision,but plan is dead

Deleted member 2897

a 4 year article and nothing have been accomplished, linking CBC is not the same, he did accomplish something.

Maybe you missed the point. Bobby Cremins went 3-13, 6-10, 6-10, 5-11 his last 4 years at Georgia Tech. They sent him packing - the comment was made by Braine that he couldn't have survived the battle with the alumni. That's what I'm pointing out here. Nothing more, nothing less. Here we are. Can our AD leave the emotion out of it and make the right business decision, or will the pressure from the alumni influence and affect that. We will see. It didn't in the case of Danny Hall a couple years ago - Hall went 7 straight years without having a 0.500 season in ACC play.

I'm not saying we should keep CJP for 1 more day, I'm just pointing out the influence alumni have from negative pressure through phone, email, donations, and social media.

On a side note, I don't think its fair to say nothing has been accomplished in 4 years. CJP was Coach of The Year and we made the finals in the NIT when we weren't expected to win but maybe 1 game in ACC play. I think what has people frustrated was that we now have the talent and experience to win games, but we have our leading players injured a third of the season and then play Dr. Jekyl Mr. Hyde the other two-thirds.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure if the plan is dead yet or just delayed.

If the current junior class were seniors I'd agree. It'd be basically the same as Gregory's last year where we were losing so much to graduation and still couldn't really accomplish anything. While we've certainly under performed this year in terms of wins and losses, the team has gotten more consistent which was a huge problem last year. This year we've pretty much had winning chances in all the games we've had a full roster for. Last year we had a half dozen ACC games where we never really had a chance to even make a run. Having that type of a year and losing only one rotation player is a set up for improvement. Now how much is left to be seen. It could be that the improvement is marginal and we're set to lose a lot and have a mediocre class coming in. Or maybe we make a mediocre improvement but it's enough to come out on the other side of several of these close games and we have our best year in over a decade. If that's the case and Pastner compounds it with a good 21 class (I know big IF) then it would start to look like the plan was just delayed and what people were expecting in year 3 came in year 5.

Now if we were making the decision whether to keep Pastner or not then how likely each of those cases above were would be an important decision. Since we are almost certainly not making a decision, Pastner will have a chance to prove whether his vision is dead or just got stuck in traffic.

Deleted member 2897

I'm not sure if the plan is dead yet or just delayed.

If the current junior class were seniors I'd agree. It'd be basically the same as Gregory's last year where we were losing so much to graduation and still couldn't really accomplish anything. While we've certainly under performed this year in terms of wins and losses, the team has gotten more consistent which was a huge problem last year. This year we've pretty much had winning chances in all the games we've had a full roster for. Last year we had a half dozen ACC games where we never really had a chance to even make a run. Having that type of a year and losing only one rotation player is a set up for improvement. Now how much is left to be seen. It could be that the improvement is marginal and we're set to lose a lot and have a mediocre class coming in. Or maybe we make a mediocre improvement but it's enough to come out on the other side of several of these close games and we have our best year in over a decade. If that's the case and Pastner compounds it with a good 21 class (I know big IF) then it would start to look like the plan was just delayed and what people were expecting in year 3 came in year 5.

Now if we were making the decision whether to keep Pastner or not then how likely each of those cases above were would be an important decision. Since we are almost certainly not making a decision, Pastner will have a chance to prove whether his vision is dead or just got stuck in traffic.

Im very interested to see how Saba does. That 1 real contributor we’re losing has gone a little backwards this year - fewer minutes per game, fewer points, lower FG%, lower FT%. You’d think he would have taken a pretty reasonable step forward.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
There just doesn’t appear to be any excitement to the program. I hear nothing about excitement ... just routine. We’re in the top conference in the country and its meh.