GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
?? Did we lose a recruit to Auburn Univ - Montgomery?
It’s my bad. I hyped her recruitment up too much, probably. Watching good film highlights, hearing that Gary Blair, Kellie Harper, Nell Fortner were handling the contact overseas, it seemed like a lottery prize?

Also, seems like an international friend on that team(she’s got a 5 year plan and Page and Nation, sold it):

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I was surprised to see her mentioned in this thread. The link above is the only thing I could find for her. If we were recruiting her it was likely as a walk-on.
No she was offered a full ride. Not a walk-on. Talk to Gene Hill at GSU, you will find that unless they come from a very wealthy family, you have to offer. He did it at GT, NC St, and now is trying to establish them at Ga. St.

Some want to be the big fish in the small pond, for some the small minnow in the large lake. Look at Grand Canyon on the MBB side. WBB has Wash. St., S. Fla. and a few others that have had to start building that way. GT has had to supplement recruiting for the last several years with International players. Tenn. recruited Davey very hard. That was duplicated in my sources.

It‘s very difficult to find information from other countries. You can watch the FIBA games(and I’ll give you the free channel online, should you PM), but ultimately you will need a contact or two, Will all of the information be perfect? Probably not. Dealing with teenagers who can change their mind or go thousands of miles to where they feel comfortable…

Therefore if you have other sources who disputed what I brought here, bring it please!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No she was offered a full ride. Not a walk-on. Talk to Gene Hill at GSU, you will find that unless they come from a very wealthy family, you have to offer. He did it at GT, NC St, and now is trying to establish them at Ga. St.

Some want to be the big fish in the small pond, for some the small minnow in the large lake. Look at Grand Canyon on the MBB side. WBB has Wash. St., S. Fla. and a few others that have had to start building that way. GT has had to supplement recruiting for the last several years with International players. Tenn. recruited Davey very hard. That was duplicated in my sources.

It‘s very difficult to find information from other countries. You can watch the FIBA games(and I’ll give you the free channel online, should you PM), but ultimately you will need a contact or two, Will all of the information be perfect? Probably not. Dealing with teenagers who can change their mind or go thousands of miles to where they feel comfortable…

Therefore if you have other sources who disputed what I brought here, bring it please!
Thanks. You have a much better look at this than mine.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thanks. You have a much better look at this than mine.
And let me say that as much as I love GT Hoops(Coach Hyder was my son’s Godfather, and I would actually arrive early at AMC when Jim Culpepper was coaching us in GAIAW and Benny Dees was a volunteer WBB coach, on the MBB payroll in the ACC), some of the international student athletes we put on scholarship, would not see mop up time now. They were fine students, but only a very few were named Pan, Cubaj or Lahtinen.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Pardon my poor memory, if I’ve shared this story-
A dear friend who played in the WNBA and was an AA at Maryland, was hosting our Kisha Ford, a McD’s AA in HS out of Baltimore. Another HS AA committed prior to Ford’s acceptance of her offer for Malissa’s position on that team. So, Kisha then fell into the lap of GT. Bowles jokes with me, that she had Ford on speed dial before me and I come back with having Coach Gary Blair prior to her.

Davey wanted to play in the Southern part of the U.S. Coach Gary is not upset because he’s filled up with shooters and scorers and has other offers still out there for some AA’s. Tennessee might be affected more than Tech is. They had assistant coaches going after this recruit before Harper took it on, exclusively.
GT(not any assistants that I know of, only CNF)came in late, and just before Tonie Morgan committed. Tonie might arguably be the best PG in the 2022 class.
We have 4 guards committed and a great one coming in 2023. You can only take so many, and offers are contingent upon first come, first served. See: my boring story up above. I know the staff feels good about a National recruit who is local, and film shows her to be very similar to J’Danna. Even a lefty! Do I know what is going through the mind of the HC who ultimately makes these decisions? No.

Personally, I never regret the ones who don’t come here. Focus on the ones who do. Tech had an offer out last year to a 2022 guard, who wanted to come here recently for an OV. She’s reportedly setting up other cities. One is going to be a non-P5. When your spot is gone or your place taken, it’s in the risk.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
1st Team All-State, GHSA and AJC.

https://nitter.net/step_dunn/status/1437980552016052229#m

https://nitter.net/step_dunn/status/1441155545231134721#m

mom is her basketball coach and dad is a coach(gotta love athletes w/ parents who instruct)….https://twitter.com/refinedplayer?lang=en

https://www.mtparanschool.com/appli...00-point_plateau___Sports___mdjonline.com.pdf

https://wbbblog.com/kara-dunn/

#60 ESPN W- Hoop Gurlz….http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/244106/kara-dunn

https://prospectsnation.com/player/kara-dunn

https://prospectsnation.com/2022-elite-100-watch-list

https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/player/kara-dunn/

after an offer from Kentucky WBB: ttps://twitter.com/karadunn_/status/1313981606542086144 Dunn is a 6-foot versatile guard from Mt. Paran Christian High School (GA) who can also slide down and play the forward position, as well. She's recently gained a ton of notoriety on the recruiting field and is reportedly in talks with Mississippi State, according to 247 Sports, although no formal offer has come from the Bulldogs yet. Prep Girl Hoops has Dunn ranked as the 70th best player in the nation for the class of 2022.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
2022 Commits:
-Paris Miller PG 5-9 Johns Creek(HS), Ga.
-Raeven Boswell G 5-11 Lake Travis High School | Austin, Tx.
-Tonie Morgan PG 5-10 Florida H.S./ Tallahassee, Fla.
- Inés Noguero Outeiral 2G 6-0 Siglo/ Pedreguer-Gijon, Spain
- Kara Dunn 2G-SF Mt. Paran School/ Kennesaw, Ga.

2023 Commits:
-Nicole Melious G 5-9 Susan Wagner H.S./ Staten Island, NY

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
2022 Commits:
-Paris Miller PG 5-9 Johns Creek(HS), Ga.
-Raeven Boswell G 5-11 Lake Travis High School | Austin, Tx.
-Tonie Morgan PG 5-10 Florida H.S./ Tallahassee, Fla.
- Inés Noguero Outeiral 2G 6-0 Siglo/ Pedreguer-Gijon, Spain
- Kara Dunn 2G-SF Mt. Paran School/ Kennesaw, Ga.

2023 Commits:
-Nicole Melious G 5-9 Susan Wagner H.S./ Staten Island, NY
Geez, are we running a 5 guard lineup? We gonna recruit any bigs?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We are losing one big, Cubaj. For 2022-23, Hermosa plans to take that extra coronageddon year(and playing with Spain this Summer, really helped her game).
Coach said Digna is a 3/4, who could play 2G. The Bigs have just started taking their visits, and are in huge demand. I think we sign one early during November. If not, Spring forward will be our time. Lol.

Some excellent Post players coming up through the 2025 class.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Bates, Boyd, Montgomery, Nwora(would have been a 2/3)….need to be replaced, plus two other open scholarships.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
We lose Fletcher and Lahtinen this year so need all these new guards with McQueen. It's a guards game
Do we necessarily lose Lahtinen? Isn't this her 4th year on the team? Couldn't she classify as a junior this year if she takes the extra covid year? Or was that just available to seniors last year?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Brooks is impressive, even though I didn’t see the newest interview. VPI is on the rise. ACC is tough, don’t you think @orientalnc ?

@78pike ;
Lotta M.L. does have two years left, should she opt for a fifth season. You are correct about 3 years played, two more to go and also that extra pandemic year is for all classes. McQueen, Carter, Love, can play four more. This is Digna’s fifth year, as well.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Brooks is impressive, even though I didn’t see the newest interview. VPI is on the rise. ACC is tough, don’t you think @orientalnc ?
Last year the 10th place team was a game under .500, so the ACC was good in 2020-21. I am not sure what Syracuse can do to rebuild after all the transfers out. And, I know Duke and UVA will be back in the mix.

Assuming Bates is fully recovered and Digna fits well with the team, we should be deeper with talented players. And, Freshman Carmyn Harrison could be a player to watch. I am really looking forward to this season.