GTWBB

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
If I had played a sport while at Tech, I would have never survived. No way. Its a full time 50 hour a week commitment. Then you have school, and when can you fit in social time, which is extremely important?

168 hours in a week.
56 hours sleeping.
50 hours if you play a sport. Even more in-season with travel and game/prep/etc.
12-16 hours of class.
4 hours of transit to/from class.
10-12 hours a week of eating breakfast/lunch/dinner.

We're already down to 4 hours a day free time in which to get all of your school work done. And haven't even touched on anything social or just free time.
NCAA limits weekly practice time to 20 hours during the season. With games, the commitment is probably about 30 hours per week. Which is still astronomical.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Georgia Tech women’s basketball plays its final regular season game on Sunday, welcoming Pitt to McCamish Pavilion for a 2 p.m. tip on the ACC Network. The game will serve as Tech’s annual Pink Game and Senior Day as the Jackets will recognize Lorela Cubaj and Kierra Fletcher before tip.

Georgia Tech (13-7, 11-6 ACC) looks to close regular season action victorious and snap a two-game skid on Sunday. The Jackets most recently dropped a tough decision at North Carolina, last Thursday. Lotta-Maj Lahtinen and Loyal McQueen both contributed double-figures, but the Tar Heels shot 51.7 percent from the field to take the win. Lahitnen is one of three Jackets averaging double-figure scoring numbers on the season, leading Tech with a 14.3 points per game average. Lorela Cubaj continues to average a double-double with 12.2 points and 11.3 rebounds per game.

Pitt (5-12, 3-11 ACC) comes into the contest having dropped the last three games, most recently falling at NC State on Thursday. The Panthers have swept Clemson and defeated Boston College for their three league wins this season. Jayla Everett leads the team, averaging 14.5 points per game.

Georgia Tech leads the all-time series against Pitt, 6-3, and has taken three-straight over the Panthers. Tech defeated Pitt twice last season, winning in Pittsburgh and topping the Panthers in the ACC Tournament.

Hermosa looks good to go. Team took an entire day off.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s up with the White and Pink...oh my, it’s Lotta-Maj and Retta Cubaj.
Great to see the Fletcher family, and younger sister who is a prospect.

Can you believe V.T. put 45 up on Heels in first half?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Is this the female announcer on ACC Network ? What is her name?
Kelly Gramlich? I believe was her name. Jen. Hildreth asked her who got left off, and she still didn’t mention Cubaj.

Bates has been saved for Friday night. The Men are playing at 8, and Women at 8:30 pm. Eight games will have been played before we take the court.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Kelly Gramlich? I believe was her name. Jen. Hildreth asked her who got left off, and she still didn’t mention Cubaj.

Bates has been saved for Friday night. The Men are playing at 8, and Women at 8:30 pm. Eight games will have been played before we take the court.
Hoping Bates can come back and light a fire under this team. Last 3 performances against BC, UNC, and Pitt have been less than inspiring.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Coach Nell said on the post-game interview, she doesn’t know why we are not shooting well.

Noticed we got off to a good shooting start today, and then went into a slump.
Seems streaky to me, although I have not researched the roller coaster.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Did Nell Fortner get Coach of the Year this year? Or is it a throwback reference?

ETA: looks like a reference to last year

This year. Different Poll. Just goes to show how much of a difference a good coach can make. Basically the same players, and huge upgrade in 2 years. No, I'm NOT comparing to CGC.........

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT facing #11 Clems—sson.
Gaby Elliott had 25. She’s worth a box and 1.

Was hoping for a 20 OT game tonight, and our game getting moved up 12 hours, at 8:30 a.m. I wanted ND, too. Not much difference between a 10-9 6th seed compared to a 10-12 11th seeded team, in the regular season.