GTWBB

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Granted we didn't do ourselves any favors with the way we played, especially from the guard position. But I continue to be amazed by how horrific the referees are in women's basketball. On at least 3 or 4 occasions our ladies were driving to the basket when the opposing player running next to our player would slide in front and draw the charge. In each case the opposing player did not have their feet set to draw the charge, they simply ran in front. It was so blatant I rewound the play thinking Must have missed something like our player throwing an arm out and pushing off, but nope we didn't to anything to draw the whistle. Have they changed the block /charge rule where they don't have to establish position in order for it to be a charge.

On another topic, given the way our two beasts down low (and I say that with full admiration) were dominating in the lane and the fact our guards couldn't hit anything why were went running every offensive set through Hermosa and Cubaj. That should be our guards first look each time down the court and if the don't, they sit the bench.

And Nerea I have one personal plea for you. When you catch the ball two feet from the basket turn around and use that height and body you are blessed with to put up the shot. You have a great touch so use it.throw your hip into the opponent and lay the ball in. Too many times I see you with great position down low and you never look at the basket, you just throw it out to someone on the 3 point line.Be a bully down there and make therm pay for trying to guard you under the basket.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
– Georgia Tech women’s basketball plays its final regular season road game on Thursday, visiting North Carolina for a 6 p.m. tip on ACC Network Extra. Tech has two regular season games remaining.

Georgia Tech (13-6, 11-5 ACC) looks to rebound from a difficult loss at Boston College and get back to winning ways in Carmichael Arena Thursday night. Nerea Hermosa posted her first collegiate double-double at Boston College and combined with Lorela Cubaj to secure 25 rebounds in the game. Three Yellow Jackets continue to average double-figure scoring numbers on the season led by Lotta-Maj Lahtinen with a 14.1 points per game average.

North Carolina (11-9, 6-9 ACC) has won three of its past four outings, but is most recently coming off an 82-63 loss at NC State. Janelle Bailey leads the Tar Heels, averaging 13.7 points and 7.8 rebounds per game. UNC boats a 9-3 overall record when competing at home, including a 4-3 mark against ACC opponents.

UNC has won three straight over the Jackets and leads the all-time series, 59-20. Tech was last victorious over the Tar Heels on Feb. 15, 2018 in Atlanta. The Jackets last picked up a victory in Chapel Hill in 2012.

slugboy

Staff member
Granted we didn't do ourselves any favors with the way we played, especially from the guard position. But I continue to be amazed by how horrific the referees are in women's basketball. On at least 3 or 4 occasions our ladies were driving to the basket when the opposing player running next to our player would slide in front and draw the charge. In each case the opposing player did not have their feet set to draw the charge, they simply ran in front. It was so blatant I rewound the play thinking Must have missed something like our player throwing an arm out and pushing off, but nope we didn't to anything to draw the whistle. Have they changed the block /charge rule where they don't have to establish position in order for it to be a charge.

On another topic, given the way our two beasts down low (and I say that with full admiration) were dominating in the lane and the fact our guards couldn't hit anything why were went running every offensive set through Hermosa and Cubaj. That should be our guards first look each time down the court and if the don't, they sit the bench.

And Nerea I have one personal plea for you. When you catch the ball two feet from the basket turn around and use that height and body you are blessed with to put up the shot. You have a great touch so use it.throw your hip into the opponent and lay the ball in. Too many times I see you with great position down low and you never look at the basket, you just throw it out to someone on the 3 point line.Be a bully down there and make therm pay for trying to guard you under the basket.
It’s not often I see a player backpedaling when they get a charge call in their favor.

Deleted member 2897

Well sadly we can’t hit the side of a barn again tonight. At least so far. Lots of time left, but damn.

Deleted member 2897

At halftime, they’ve made almost twice as many basket as as we have. Just ugly. Giving up 30 points in just the 2nd quarter.

Hopefully we can cut it to close to 10 this quarter so our ladies can at least see a path to win and put some pressure on them.

Deleted member 2897

giphy.gif

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
From what I think I heard Sir Musterer say, we've played 4 games in 10 days, 3 of them on the road and really not close road trips. At FSU, at BC, at UNC. So, flying up and down the east coast in a relatively short amount of time. Certainly disappointed with our performance the last 2 games. We get a weak Pitt team on Sunday. Just need to re-group and take care of business.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We had almost no energy out there tonight based on what we watched.....we can play MUCH better defense, but tonight it was almost non-existent. My wife was wondering if all the girls were on their...oh...never mind. One can't say that type of thing these days.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
We had almost no energy out there tonight based on what we watched.....we can play MUCH better defense, but tonight it was almost non-existent. My wife was wondering if all the girls were on their...oh...never mind. One can't say that type of thing these days.
We couldn't hit shots for a second straight game. That concerns me the most. If we hit shots and score, we can set our defense. Playing off a missed shot, we can't. So defense generates offense, but offense also allows you to play your defense. When neither is working, I guess we get games like today...

Deleted member 2897

Well a female can say it with some degree of immunity. Massive rebound margin which usually implies fatigue. That’s a TON of travel they’ve been through in a short time and an important teammate injured. Just probably worn down.

Deleted member 2897

These young ladies are students as well. Juggling all that travel with classwork is also mentally draining.

If I had played a sport while at Tech, I would have never survived. No way. Its a full time 50 hour a week commitment. Then you have school, and when can you fit in social time, which is extremely important?

168 hours in a week.
56 hours sleeping.
50 hours if you play a sport. Even more in-season with travel and game/prep/etc.
12-16 hours of class.
4 hours of transit to/from class.
10-12 hours a week of eating breakfast/lunch/dinner.

We're already down to 4 hours a day free time in which to get all of your school work done. And haven't even touched on anything social or just free time.