GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hard fought win over F$U yesterday, 66-58.
GT entrenched in 3rd place behind National powerhouses, Louisville and NC St.
Tech is now 8-3(6-2, ACC). Seminoles drop to 5-3((4-3 in conferenc).

Fletcher led all scorers with 18 points, followed by Lahtinen with 17 and McQueen with 12 off the bench. Morgan Jones led the Seminoles with 14 points.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Deleted member 2897

Thanks for starting a new thread, they needed it and earned it! I have to say given the turmoil of how Machelle left, some folks transferred out, and what that can do to a team, I've been pleasantly surprised by Nell in both her coaching and recruiting. I'd say she has exceeded expectations both years so far.

gopackgo

Georgia Tech Fan
Tech wins to get its fifth in a row, this time over Miami. Another wire-to-wire win on the road. Only got 3 votes in the media poll last week (and none in the coaches' poll) but we sit in the high teens/low twenties in RPI and ESPN has us as a 6 seed in their latest bracket prediction. We're also currently 3rd in the ACC (behind top-5 teams Louisville and NC State) when we were predicted to finish significantly lower.

The last time GT made the NCAA Tournament was the 2013-14 season. The last time GT finished the season ranked in the top 25 was 2011-12 (and it's happened a grand total of 2 times in program history.) I think the former streak will be snapped, and there's a chance the latter is, too.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Another solid performance by the Lady Jackets. Shorthanded again with Bates out, and still got the job done. It looks like there's a clear top 2 in the ACC in Louisville and NC State, although NC State lost to VT today. And then Tech leading the rest of the pack, with Syracuse and Notre Dame just behind us. Split with ND, both on the road, and play Cuse next, so LETS GO JACKETS!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
You can really tell how well coached this team is. It is a luxury to have a team with veteran leaders to go with talented youngsters. When the freshmen come into the game you don't really much of a drop-off in production and think that speaks highly of their coaching. I also like the fact we are well stocked with ball handlers with Lahtinen, Fletcher and McQueen. Add the fact that Cubaj can move well with the ball and we are a tough team to defend.

Does anyone know what is up with Wone Aranaz? She was a big part of the rotation up until we returned from the break. I haven't noticed if she is on the bench? Of course the big benefit we have reaped from this is the big rise in production from Hermosa. She has been a force under the basket and is much more aggressive than previously. Not many team's in the women's game have two productive post players that stand 6'4" and 6'5". Add the extra experience Love has gained and I really love the depth this team has. The future looks bright. Nobody talks much about it in the women's game but I wonder if any of our seniors will consider coming back for another year?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
With each game, I’m more impressed with “smooth” Loyal McQueen. She played over 30 minutes. Can’t say enough about her stroke. Her handle, composure.
The improvements of Fletcher & Lahtinen shooting from the perimeter. Making the loss of Bates, much easier to take. Hearing that the ankle is severely sprained, was almost broken.

Watching VT score 25 in OT and pulling the upset over NCSt.(‘Pack had to tie it in regulation with a prayer three at the buzzer), GT is only one loss behind second place in the league.

When McQueen committed to UNCheat, Coach Nell took over her recruitment personally. It’s a testament to her total inclusive abilities as more than a bench tactical head coach that we landed the S.C. H.S. P-O-T-Year.

From the Master, Mr. Musterer:
A reminder for when you are driving outside the Atlanta area, the radio broadcasts are available using the TuneIn app:

https://tunein.com/radio/WREK-911-s22375/

Also, if radios have become obsolete around your place, you can ask your Smart Speaker to play WREK on TuneIn.

Deleted member 2897

What a beautiful looking view from up here.

1611944046307.png

Attachments

• 1611944019976.png
    1611944019976.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 10
Syracuse on Sunday and Clemson on Tuesday will be a test of the rotation. Lahtinen and Fletcher played a ton of minutes last night and won't get much rest before these next two games.
Did Syracuse get moved to Sunday?

If the schedule hasn't changed, could schedule miami or Virginia for tomorrow if either isn't a covid case?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Did Syracuse get moved to Sunday?

If the schedule hasn't changed, could schedule miami or Virginia for tomorrow if either isn't a covid case?
Va. cancelled their season officially on Jan. 14.
GT just defeated Miami in Coral Gables, and we meet again on Feb. 16.

No game tomorrow.