GTWBB 2022 (Off-season thread)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kylee Kitts, 2025, 6’2” PF.GT recruit-
Noticing for some youngsters the “new” standard is keeping their offers off of social media, and preferring those special moments to stay between themselves and the coaches. VPI took pledges this week from 2023, 2024, 2025. Unrelated to that news; I also noticed a handful of post players around the country enrolling or planning to go the JUCO route. Not that guards don’t attend alternate colleges.

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
These are the 2023 targets from your list. That we are of interest to these young women says a lot about our program. Simply my read on our needs: Kitts, Collins and a post should be our priorities.
I’m saying , if I’m any of these guards including collins, kj or melious and you see all the other guards getting recruited in same class it’s a red flag. Plus the 2022 and 2024 offers ? Who is priority? As far as we know melious is loyal unless being poached . @Buzz U don’t agree

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m saying , if I’m any of these guards including collins, kj or melious and you see all the other guards getting recruited in same class it’s a red flag. Plus the 2022 and 2024 offers ? Who is priority? As far as we know melious is loyal unless being poached . @Buzz U don’t agree
Part of the problem Nell faced last year was the shortage of capable bodies off the bench. Remember, she lost two guards right off, forcing players to play out of position and way too many minutes. As @Buzzbomb posted a while back, the game has evolved into a guards game. It's all an evolved factor with the lane width and the 3-point arc. Post players cannot dominate like they did 20 years ago.

Plus, the women we signed this year are not quaking in their sneakers about the kids on our 2023 list. If you think recruits are taking your playing time then you should be showing the coaches why that is a mistake. Or, hitting the bench. Or, the portal. More likely they see them as making the team better and deeper.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I only have one player that I follow on Twitter or ever have followed. A friend said we are allowed to wish her a happy birthday. I did. When they respond back with any feedback, we have to stop right there. I can tell you that person is as solid a verbal, that I’ve known. Looking forward to playing here. Dad is a man of honor. The Purdue verbal before GT was a messed up program at the time.

Most players welcome the competition and think they are the best. With a 3G offense and having two seniors, we should take a couple for ‘23. The portal can shake attrition out as well. With the Jackets getting back to prioritizing defensive intensity, I would not be surprised to see some four guard sets vs. smaller teams.

Forgive the rehash, but let me emphasize what recruiting gurus tell me; real good post players are in shortage and high demand.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
I only have one player that I follow on Twitter or ever have followed. A friend said we are allowed to wish her a happy birthday. I did. When they respond back with any feedback, we have to stop right there. I can tell you that person is as solid a verbal, that I’ve known. Looking forward to playing here. Dad is a man of honor. The Purdue verbal before GT was a messed up program at the time.

Most players welcome the competition and think they are the best. With a 3G offense and having two seniors, we should take a couple for ‘23. The portal can shake attrition out as well. With the Jackets getting back to prioritizing defensive intensity, I would not be surprised to see some four guard sets vs. smaller teams.

Forgive the rehash, but let me emphasize what recruiting gurus tell me; real good post players are in shortage and high demand.

Makes me feel a lot better about post #98. Thank you sir

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Offers by class year, position for Ga. Tech:

Diana Collins, PG, 2023:
TexA&M, USC-West, Ga.(new staff), Fla., NC St., GT.
Reopened her recruitment on Mar. 23.

Inés Monteagudo- 2023 GT Recruit, 6’1”, PG-2G. Spanish National Team. 4.0 GPA

RUSNE AUGUSTINAITE- POSITION: G
HEIGHT 5-11
CLASS Junior
HOMETOWN Siauliai, Lithuania

Kymora Johnson: 2023 | UAA WV Thunder 17u | u17 Skyline Elite (GA) | 3.51 honors./ 5’7”

Chloe Kitts, 6’2”, G- 2023- 5 Star- HS AA- SoutheasternStars

2023 F Rhema Collins (Miami Suns AAU) Miss. St. recent offer; GT offer in 2021.

Jordy Griggs: 2023 6’2” Wing (Osborne HS; Marietta, Ga.) Consensus Top 100
GT, Aub., Clem., VPI, Ole Miss., Vandy., Miss. St.(old staff). This is her third H.S. 1st Team 6A GHSA - USA Basketball

D’Asia Thomas
6’3” Post- Houston Christian (Hockley Texas)
CyFair Elite 17u Eybl c/o 2023

D. Kyles: 2023 6’4 Post, Michigan crossover 17u EYBL.

6’5” Riley Stack- 2023- C- from South Carolina(dad Ryan played football for USC-East)

Gabby Grooms- 5’9” PG- 2024- Mom played for Uga-ly

Chazadi (Chit-Chat) Wright Class of 2024 PG
Supreme Team 17U Point Guard -Wesleyan School Point Guard

Ava Watson
2024 / 5’7” Guard / Buford High School / FBC United 17U

Ava Holman- 5’8” /CG/ Champlin Park, MN.
Class of 2024 Point Guard projection at next level, 4.0 Student Athlete

Rian Forestier
bhs var’ bball #4 - 2024 5’11 combo guard- 4.0 gpa honors.

Tatum Greene 6’3” 2G. 2024
SJCHSBBALL

B. Preston: Lovejoy High ‘24, 5’8” Combo. Guard. Over 15 ppg., 5.5 assists p.g.

Joyce Edwards
Camden, SC c/o 2024, 4.995GPA, 3-Sport Athlete , Blue 30, CHS WBB 2kP 1kR Club, 2x 3A State coPOY, 2021 GUAA 17U National Champions. 6’2” Forward.

Arianna Roberson
2024 -
Clark HS - Varsity Bball #12 - 6’3“

Vivian Iwuchukwu
montverde academy fl - SA Finest 17u- 2024 6’4 forward- GT offer, Missy. St.(both staffs).

Kennedy Ume: 2024 || McDonogh Eagles/Philadelphia Rise || Post/Forward ||6’3|| Blue Star 30

Kate Koval
LuHi '24 | 6’5 | Center| #13

A. Chavez: 5’9” PG LUBBOCK TEXAS, C/O 2025, CYFAIR EYBL.

Skyla Tuthill
5’11” Guard c/o2025 / Team Curry 17U GUAA/ Queens, NY. Fort Mill, SC. / Blue 30 / 4.91GPA

Taryn Thompson: 5-9 2026 Shooting Guard/PG, Galloway HS(Ga.).

‘26 G Kate Harpring of the Marist School (GA) earned a Georgia Tech offer after the April Evaluation weekend. 5’11”

‘27 G Finley Chastain (TX) . Visited GT, Aub., more….

Finley Parker
2027 6’ Guard || AL Southern Starz 2027 Nike #22 || River Ridge Jr Knights #0 |

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Offers by class year, position for Ga. Tech:

Diana Collins, PG, 2023:
TexA&M, USC-West, Ga.(new staff), Fla., NC St., GT.
Reopened her recruitment on Mar. 23.

Inés Monteagudo- 2023 GT Recruit, 6’1”, PG-2G. Spanish National Team. 4.0 GPA

RUSNE AUGUSTINAITE- POSITION: G
HEIGHT 5-11
CLASS Junior
HOMETOWN Siauliai, Lithuania

Kymora Johnson: 2023 | UAA WV Thunder 17u | u17 Skyline Elite (GA) | 3.51 honors./ 5’7”

Chloe Kitts, 6’2”, G- 2023- 5 Star- HS AA- SoutheasternStars

2023 F Rhema Collins (Miami Suns AAU) Miss. St. recent offer; GT offer in 2021.

Jordy Griggs: 2023 6’2” Wing (Osborne HS; Marietta, Ga.) Consensus Top 100
GT, Aub., Clem., VPI, Ole Miss., Vandy., Miss. St.(old staff). This is her third H.S. 1st Team 6A GHSA - USA Basketball

D’Asia Thomas
6’3” Post- Houston Christian (Hockley Texas)
CyFair Elite 17u Eybl c/o 2023

D. Kyles: 2023 6’4 Post, Michigan crossover 17u EYBL.

6’5” Riley Stack- 2023- C- from South Carolina(dad Ryan played football for USC-East)

Gabby Grooms- 5’9” PG- 2024- Mom played for Uga-ly

Chazadi (Chit-Chat) Wright Class of 2024 PG
Supreme Team 17U Point Guard -Wesleyan School Point Guard

Ava Watson
2024 / 5’7” Guard / Buford High School / FBC United 17U

Ava Holman- 5’8” /CG/ Champlin Park, MN.
Class of 2024 Point Guard projection at next level, 4.0 Student Athlete

Rian Forestier
bhs var’ bball #4 - 2024 5’11 combo guard- 4.0 gpa honors.

Tatum Greene 6’3” 2G. 2024
SJCHSBBALL

B. Preston: Lovejoy High ‘24, 5’8” Combo. Guard. Over 15 ppg., 5.5 assists p.g.

Joyce Edwards
Camden, SC c/o 2024, 4.995GPA, 3-Sport Athlete , Blue 30, CHS WBB 2kP 1kR Club, 2x 3A State coPOY, 2021 GUAA 17U National Champions. 6’2” Forward.

Arianna Roberson
2024 -
Clark HS - Varsity Bball #12 - 6’3“

Vivian Iwuchukwu
montverde academy fl - SA Finest 17u- 2024 6’4 forward- GT offer, Missy. St.(both staffs).

Kennedy Ume: 2024 || McDonogh Eagles/Philadelphia Rise || Post/Forward ||6’3|| Blue Star 30

Kate Koval
LuHi '24 | 6’5 | Center| #13

A. Chavez: 5’9” PG LUBBOCK TEXAS, C/O 2025, CYFAIR EYBL.

Skyla Tuthill
5’11” Guard c/o2025 / Team Curry 17U GUAA/ Queens, NY. Fort Mill, SC. / Blue 30 / 4.91GPA

Taryn Thompson: 5-9 2026 Shooting Guard/PG, Galloway HS(Ga.).

‘26 G Kate Harpring of the Marist School (GA) earned a Georgia Tech offer after the April Evaluation weekend. 5’11”

‘27 G Finley Chastain (TX) . Visited GT, Aub., more….

Finley Parker
2027 6’ Guard || AL Southern Starz 2027 Nike #22 || River Ridge Jr Knights #0 |
Thanks. We have cast a wide net for 2023. It could be very interesting.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Other then melious do we have any commits 2023?
Swain went to Stanford, not sure about that one.
We need a post and wing
Since he hasn’t answered you yet, I’ll tell you what I know for a fact(have asked around about any silent verbals; seems we don’t have any). Nicole Melious is the only public verbal.

Nov. 10-17, 2022 is the early basketball signing period for 2023 class enrollment.

Hopefully since several elite “bigs” have committed, G.T. finds a sleeper. Not too many international post players this cycle. I truly believe strides have been made in the Northeast, which is showing up now. We have not had much success up that way other than Bootz and Butler. Maybe an Atlantic Coast handful, led by Kisha Ford.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I can't believe we averaged under 2,000 people per game last season. McCamish was rocking for a lot of those games (at least the ACC ones; couldn't make the UConn game regrettably) and GTWBB are the only program we have that gets sidewalk fans. It felt like WBB tied or outdrew MBB on multiple occasions last year IMO.

The crowd engagement at women's games is far better. Everyone sits on their hands for the men's games (unless it's OT like that Senior Day OT win against BC or the Wisconsin game where we had like 3k students there - best crowd I've seen at McCamish since the NIT game against Belmont).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Been seeing on twitter nicole melious is on a tear in Indianapolis. @Buzzbomb can she be our Paige
That’s a really good comparison and a fair one. Bueckers is 5’11”; not sure if Melious will grow another 1-3 inches? Not that it probably matters as much compared to MBB. Shooting wise, I think Nicole finds her shot at the next level, and it will be a wash. Paige seems to have a tad more quickness at this time, with long arms on defense, NM keeps working on strength, all those other intangible qualities that the great ones have. She gets another year to set records, keep improving stamina and defining her game to take advantage of those abilities given with the strong work ethic. I like our gal better in the classroom. PB seems to want the WNBA as her life goal, when I read previous interviews. Those National Titles at UConn. Just my opinion, but NM would be on a clear path for a big time career in business or wind up in coaching.