GTWBB 2022 (Off-season thread)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Looks like Ashlee had some success during the visit home to Lubbock.
Yes, sir!
Trying to post our visits or offers. The 15-20 contacts in the last 5 days, are too tedious to post. Majority are evaluations, 2023-2027(yes, we have a middle schooler).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
NAME # POS
Aixa Wone Aranaz11 F
Elizabete Bulane10 G
Avyonce Carter15 F-G
Anisa Clark14 G
Carmyn Harrison33 F
Nerea Hermosa20 C
Eylia Love24 F-G

HT CLASS BIRTHPLACE. PPG
6' 3" JR Pamplona, Spain. 0.8,0.8rpg
5' 7" FR Riga, Latvia. 1.8
5' 10" SO Norcross, GA. 3.3,2.3rpg
5' 7" SO Mcdonough, GA. 0.0
6' 2" FR Memphis, TN. 0.7, 0.8rpg
6' 5" JR Vitoria, Spain. 10.6.,5.6rpg
6' 1" SO Kansas City, KS. 10.5,4.8rpg

Kayla Blackshear 6’2” Orlando, Fla. [Alabama 2021-22: 15 pts. in 3 games(5.0); 9 rebs.(3.0)]
LAST SCHOOL
Alabama/Lake Highland Prep
HEIGHT
6-2
POSITION
Forward
YEAR
Freshman

Cameron Swartz 5’11” 2G 16.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg; Marietta, Ga.(Colorado/B.C. graduate Trf.). https://www.bluegolf.com/a/#/players/player/cswartz37

Bianca Jackson 5’11” 2G-PG 6.7, 1.7, 2.2rpg, assists. https://seminoles.com/sports/w-basketball/roster/season/2021-22/bianca-jackson/

-Raeven Boswell G 5-11 Lake Travis High School | Austin, Tx.(Signed, Nov. 10)
-Tonie Morgan PG 5-10 Florida H.S./ Tallahassee, Fla.(Signed, Nov. 10, 2021)
- Inés Noguero Outeiral 2G 6-0 Siglo/ Pedreguer-Gijon, Spain(Signed, Nov. 2021)
- Kara Dunn 2G-SF 6-1 Mt. Paran School/ Kennesaw, Ga.(Signed, Nov. 11, 2021)

Open Schollies: 1

Depth Chart(please don’t pick at me folks, as it’s only for a guess to give you an idea)-

PG: Jackson, Morgan, Bulane

2G: Swartz, Dunn, Boswell

SF/3G: Love, Carter, Outeiral

BF: Blackshear, Harrison

C: Hermosa, Aranaz

Utility: Clark

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
1651161555654.png

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That last post was from my friend, LRbee. Appreciate him compiling the new roster. He left some of our departures in the graph for statistical comparison sake. Wonderful job he did, and wanted to share with you!

Edited to say, on the one I did above his…couldn’t get my format to place the first 7 returnees side by side with the hometowns, class, ppg, et al….therefore I split them up, right under.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That last post was from my friend, LRbee. Appreciate him compiling the new roster. He left some of our departures in the graph for statistical comparison sake. Wonderful job he did, and wanted to share with you!

Edited to say, on the one I did above his…couldn’t get my format to place the first 7 returnees side by side with the hometowns, class, ppg, et al….therefore I split them up, right under.
Thanks for your recent posts.

So, we have one skolly left and not much reason to withhold it if a one or two year transfer that can play now comes in. Especially if she's over 6'3".

One thing on your first post today that is symbolic of our guards this year - Bulane was our only true PG in 2021-22 and is probably #3 in the PG rotation this coming season. And, we have quality depth at every position except the 5. Losing four of top six players is going to impact our experience. Hopefully our two transfers will lessen the impact of thiose losses.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thanks for your recent posts.

So, we have one skolly left and not much reason to withhold it if a one or two year transfer that can play now comes in. Especially if she's over 6'3".

One thing on your first post today that is symbolic of our guards this year - Bulane was our only true PG in 2021-22 and is probably #3 in the PG rotation this coming season. And, we have quality depth at every position except the 5. Losing four of top six players is going to impact our experience. Hopefully our two transfers will lessen the impact of thiose losses.
I’d rather them take a guard or forward graduate transfer, than let it stay vacant. Naturally, I agree with you on a post player. Not too many out there, even in the portal. Internationally, not hardly any.

Agree on Bulane with you, too! She is a good ball handler.
On Harrison, not sure how you feel- but I’m not ready to give up on her yet?

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Nell has done a fantastic job with the roster in my opinion. I know everyone is saying we should take a step back this upcoming year, but If one of our freshman can come in and produce, I see us a tournament team again.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’d rather them take a guard or forward graduate transfer, than let it stay vacant. Naturally, I agree with you on a post player. Not too many out there, even in the portal. Internationally, not hardly any.

Agree on Bulane with you, too! She is a good ball handler.
On Harrison, not sure how you feel- but I’m not ready to give up on her yet?
Have you heard anything about where Angel Reese is headed?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Have you heard anything about where Angel Reese is headed?
I know Tennessee wants her desperately. She has a close friend playing for UNC. Reese told the press to leave her alone after the first week of April. An AP 3rd team AA, she would look super good in the old Gold & White….Heard through the rumor mill she wants to play at USC-East? Would they have room? I don’t have those answers.

What I do know is we picked up a couple of 80% + free-throw shooters in Jackson and Swartz. I’m going to tell my cardiologist to find a different patient during next season. I’ll “bee“ good. Lol!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think she would have commited to USCe if they had room and Staley would commit to playing her outside. She doesn't think her future is in the frontcourt. That is why I like her playing the wing with Hermosa firmly ensponced inside.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Do y’all think we lost Fletcher to GT grad school headache or she was leaving either way?
I heard through a teammate‘s relative, Kierra wanted to win a Natty in her time in college. Whether she believes that type of exposure would bring her more eyes in getting WNBA drafted, he did not know?

slugboy

Staff member
Lifting the “countable coach” limit opens up all sorts of legitimate and also shady things.
It’ll be hard to keep up with Alabama having 35 football coaches. Its rough keeping up when they’re theoretically supposed to have a similar head count. It’s even worse if Kentucky Basketball hires players “uncles” as coaches, or even if they can hire their dads and/or high school coaches without having to cut someone loose.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Lifting the “countable coach” limit opens up all sorts of legitimate and also shady things.
It’ll be hard to keep up with Alabama having 35 football coaches. Its rough keeping up when they’re theoretically supposed to have a similar head count. It’s even worse if Kentucky Basketball hires players “uncles” as coaches, or even if they can hire their dads and/or high school coaches without having to cut someone loose.
They won't need to hire anyone's uncle or dad. They can just funnel that money directly to the kid and be done with it.