#GTvsDUKE Postgame

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
After watching the condensed game, Sims best throw may have been the seam route to Carter. He threw it before he broke to the ball, while a defender was inside of him. Followed it by dropping it in the bucket to McGowan in the corner.
Everyone will remember the Sanders drive for the win, but that drive tied 17-17 really showed what sims can do when he’s on.
Threw it before Carter even turned around to look for the ball.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Patenaude has definitely made some bad play calls, but I really liked his decision to move the pocket and call some rollouts when we were struggling with protection. I’m very concerned about our lines though. We got pushed around on both sides of the ball by dook of all teams. Not Clemson, not georgia, not Notre Dame, but freaking dook.
Dude, Northern Illinois pushed us around on the line of scrimmage. We have seen this ALL YEAR long. To expect it to change would be...optimistic

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My biggest worry is that Sims seems to lock in on his target and I did not notice him surveying the field to see if there was a better option. I'd love it if others could correct me if I'm wrong (I'm no expert, I'm just a fan) but that seems like a bad habit for any QB. But it also seems like something many young QB's do.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I mean seriously. How TF do you MUFF a punt ... INTO the endzone ... and have that be a TOUCHBACK?!

I wasn't kicked into the endzone. YOU put it in there!

"But it wasn't a possession, kg" - Mealy-mouthed ref

Don't gimme that sh*t! If it wasn't possessed, then why's it not a live ball then? In which case it would be a SAFETY, right!?

tllm.gif
If we fall on it instead of the Dukie it's a td. I'll take a muffed punt rolling into the endzone every time.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t like how we don’t bring the juice every game. We always look flat and the team just doesn’t want to be there playing a football game

That’s on the coaches in my opinion
When I played sports, peewee through college, even after college, I never needed a coach to pump me full of "juice". Either you want to be there or you don't.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I keep reading this, that we didn’t deserve to win, calling b.s. on that- our guys ripped that win away from duke, they overcame adversity and made they plays when it mattered. I hope our young team grew up a little today, winning like that should be a big confidence boost
Ok, I can see this. However, Duke outplayed us for most of the game and we won on a Hail Mary. Yes, that was a "play when it mattered", but it was, let's face it, sheer unadulterated luck. My guess is that Sims didn't think the ball would be caught when he threw it. But it was and that's what counts.

I agree that this game could be a big confidence boost. However, I think that would come from the team beginning to think that their luck is in, rather then that they won because they outplayed Duke. Believing in your luck is one of the things that contributes to good seasons, as Dodd and every other coach who knows his business will freely admit.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I can see this. However, Duke outplayed us for most of the game and we won on a Hail Mary. Yes, that was a "play when it mattered", but it was, let's face it, sheer unadulterated luck. My guess is that Sims didn't think the ball would be caught when he threw it. But it was and that's what counts.

I agree that this game could be a big confidence boost. However, I think that would come from the team beginning to think that their luck is in, rather then that they won because they outplayed Duke. Believing in your luck is one of the things that contributes to good seasons, as Dodd and every other coach who knows his business will freely admit.
That wasn’t a hail-mary by any sense of the definition

and our stats for the game are pretty even with Duke’s (which admittedly is not a good look). Each team had times when they outplayed the other but it was a pretty evenly played game overall

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Their LOS is so bad they beat Duke 38-7 and Virginia by 20.

Really they are just another team in the ACC mush. Hard to know what you’re gonna get.
All the talent on that team is why they were projected to win the division, what In the world could be wrong with them?

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Honestly, I don’t care if they outplayed us for most of the game. In 2013, georgie never had a lead over us in regulation. Guess what the result of that game says in the record books? A win for the dwags. If we’re not going to acknowledge moral victories, then we shouldn’t acknowledge moral defeats either. It’s fine to have concerns about our performance and how we’ll do going forward, but the only reasonable argument that the more deserving team lost a game is if you’re saying the officiating swayed the outcome in that direction.

slugboy

Staff member

Alternatively, we went on the road, did not play our best game, lacked key players due to injury, and still won.

We have a lot to improve on, but good teams win bad games, and we did.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer

Georgia techs best team in the last 2 decades was the luckiest. Should have lost to Southern. Watson went down vs Clemson. Geoff Collins (still funny) didn’t coach the bowl game.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia techs best team in the last 2 decades was the luckiest. Should have lost to Southern. Watson went down vs Clemson. Geoff Collins (still funny) didn’t coach the bowl game.
You make your own luck. Whatever BS you're saying can be played both ways. Should have beaten Duke, should have beaten UNC. We stomped the majority of the conference and thoroughly outplayed ugag. Came within a whisker of beating playoff bound FSU and would have ran Miss State out of the stadium whether they were with or without CGC that night.