#GTvsDUKE Postgame

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He did out coach Collins...Duke came back and almost won. If it was only about talent then it should have not been close.
How many times did our D get a sack or even a hurry? How many yards did their RB get again?
How many third downs did we convert? How many turnovers did we commit?
This win felt like a loss but we won an thats what counts.
gave up just shy of 500 yards by Duke. not pretty nut a win.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
LOL...some of you acting like we're 'Bama. Has anyone paid attention to the last 2+ years? Sure, we could have played a lot cleaner or a lot better, but beggars can't be choosers at this point. I'll take a win any way we can get it. I'll take a season full of ugly wins like this.

CGC now tied for his win total each of the last two season. Let's get at least 3 more wins and the program can turn a corner.
Bye coming at a good time

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I mean seriously. How TF do you MUFF a punt ... INTO the endzone ... and have that be a TOUCHBACK?!

I wasn't kicked into the endzone. YOU put it in there!

"But it wasn't a possession, kg" - Mealy-mouthed ref

Don't gimme that sh*t! If it wasn't possessed, then why's it not a live ball then? In which case it would be a SAFETY, right!?

tllm.gif

They explained the rule on the radio. Apparently a muff does not establish possession on a punt.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
He did out coach Collins...Duke came back and almost won. If it was only about talent then it should have not been close.
How many times did our D get a sack or even a hurry? How many yards did their RB get again?
How many third downs did we convert? How many turnovers did we commit?
This win felt like a loss but we won an thats what counts.
Duke came back... so the start didn't matter?
Their RB got 152 yds... on 42 carries... 3.5 yds/carry.
4 of 13 on 3rd down, not ideal
2 turnovers, not ideal. I wondered why our coaches called the turnover play too.

And you should be happiest of all because we passed the 28 point mark that you declared important ;)

Look, I'm not saying it was beautiful and I have problems with a lot of things. Let's enjoy the W and recognize that Collins now owns Cutcliffe.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They explained the rule on the radio. Apparently a muff does not establish possession on a punt.

I know that's the explanation. What I don't understand is why did the rule-makers feel like that makes any dayum sense at all.

ETA: And gott dangit, AugJ. I quoted the explanation in my post. You don't even listen to me, AJ.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Was watching most of the game at a bar so couldn’t tell how hurt we were.

Sounds like the OL and DBs were banged up based on postgame interview.

I’ll start with the positives since we won.

Sanders made 2 great plays on the last drive. Don’t know why we don’t throw to him more. He’s explosive.

Sims showed why he’s continued to keep the starting role though he didn’t play great. I wish we’d let him throw the ball down the field more too.

Defense kept fighting in the 2nd half and they were on the field a lot.

Nice to have a kicker I felt confident would make the game tying fg if we didn’t score a td at the end.

The bad. Not fun watching Duke dominate the LOS.

Play calling is starting to bother me. I’ve been pretty quiet on that front for a while because a lot of issues were up front. I’m starting to lose some patience with CDP.

All in all it’s great to see a GT win. And winning a game like that is better for a you g team than blowing out UNC. We had to have a stop on D and got it (thanks in part to a hold). And we had to score to win and we did.

Hopefully the break will let us heal up and we can win 2 in a row for the first time in a long time.
Patenaude has definitely made some bad play calls, but I really liked his decision to move the pocket and call some rollouts when we were struggling with protection. I’m very concerned about our lines though. We got pushed around on both sides of the ball by dook of all teams. Not Clemson, not georgia, not Notre Dame, but freaking dook.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke came back... so the start didn't matter?
Their RB got 152 yds... on 42 carries... 3.5 yds/carry.
4 of 13 on 3rd down, not ideal
2 turnovers, not ideal. I wondered why our coaches called the turnover play too.

And you should be happiest of all because we passed the 28 point mark that you declared important ;)

Look, I'm not saying it was beautiful and I have problems with a lot of things. Let's enjoy the W and recognize that Collins now owns Cutcliffe.
Plus we had as many sacks as they did and 8 TFLs.

Our issues was not sustaining drives in the 2nd half. They had the bal for 10 more minutes than we did.

As @Augusta_Jacket pointed out though, we were 100% in the RZ today so that’s a good improvement.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Raise your hand if you're mad we won ....

No hands raised? 90% of yall are liars then.

This is the dumbest argument that you guys keep making. Again, WHY would ANYONE post on a Georgia Tech football message board and watch Georgia Tech vs Duke when there were two games against highly ranked teams on IF they weren’t actually a Georgia Tech fan? You have no answer for that because it’s asinine and obviously not true. We’re all fans. Some people are just group thinkers who believe you can’t criticize something you love.