#GTvsCUSE Postgame

CoolHandluq

Georgia Tech Fan
we have talent just not across the board, we do fight and scrap but the issue with this team is attention to detail and discpline....those are coaching issues/challenges. Hell i have a simple answer for the kicking, put a ten foot screen 4 yards in front of the kicker and make them practice not just getting it through the uprights but over the screen. offsides, delay of game, alignment issues are coaching issues...i am going to give it some time but not alot

Deleted member 2897

It takes a special day to rush for 270 yards, put up 450 yards of offense, but only score 20 points and lose.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
It takes a special day to rush for 270 yards, put up 450 yards of offense, but only score 20 points and lose.

Sounds like a typical day for the Falcons where Matt Ryan puts up great numbers and pads his state only to still lose the game because he can't seal the deal. Yet people say he is an elite QB... please.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We had over 450 yards total offense, dominated time of possession, and still only scored 20 points. I do not think we have near as much talent as many seem to think.

The team has talent, and it also has a serious lack of talent. It depends on where you look. We have a ton of talent at RB. Our QB is very talented, albeit not ready for the load he is being asked to bear which few QBs are, and our backups have solid reputations in that regard. Our WR has solid talent but missing that real #1 featured WR type. Our TEs, partially due to availability, are hurting in that area as is our OL. Unfortunately, while that sounds like that's a lot, it's half the team that is hurting in that area. What makes it worse is that the OL is still only in year 2 of the offense. And while people don't want to hear it, there is a big difference between having an OL of, for example, 2 RS SRs, 2 RS JRs, and a soph all recruited for the system and coached for it their entire times, and what we have where everyone is at most in their second year. That does play a part. We're better than we were last year, that much is obvious, but we also still have some obvious issues.

Defensively we just lack talent in the front 7, and our DBs are good, but they've been caught trying to cheat a couple of times. DL has been hurt with missing players, but the front 7 on D is a big need for improvement through recruiting.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Reminded me of the Duke game in 1995. Horrendously unprepared.

I’m not bailing on CGC yet, but the penalties and TOs have to stop.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Frustrating is an understatement. Are we young, yes, are we missing good players yes but it's frustrating to see things not get improved week after week. We saw this last year too. Our kicking for example shows very little improvement. That's on coaches

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
1- DB’s got burned just like against UCF. #1 and #2 on defense are having horrible seasons.
2- No leader on defense to tell teammates to not line up offsides. That is just dumb football.
3- Not taking the easy 5 yards when our opponent jumps offsides. They teach that in middle school ball.
4- The kicking game makes GT a laughingstock. Our kicker actually kicked the ground before the ball.
5- Trying trick plays when you can’t make a kick is what middle schools do.
6- Play all freshmen. They are better than many on the field.
7- Gibbs is our best player and it’s not close. We haven’t had a guy who can take the corner in a long time.
8- Brown is our 2nd best player and needs to get the ball.
9- Rotate Sims and Gleason and let game play decide the future.
10- Good teams can go shotgun or under center.
11- Recruit, recruit, recruit and stay positive.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Frustrating is an understatement. Are we young, yes, are we missing good players yes but it's frustrating to see things not get improved week after week. We saw this last year too. Our kicking for example shows very little improvement. That's on coaches

Thats what’s frustrating to me...the same issues we had against FSU (turnovers and kicking game) despite winning, are the same reason we lost today.

When it comes to Sims, one of the two he to happen: either a change needs to be made at QB or the play calling needs to become more conservative.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Thats what’s frustrating to me...the same issues we had against FSU (turnovers and kicking game) despite winning, are the same reason we lost today.

When it comes to Sims, one of the two he to happen: either a change needs to be made at QB or the play calling needs to become more conservative.

It's things like this that make me question collins and his staff. Can they recruit, hell yeah but at the end of the day it's also about having the team ready to play .

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m on board with everything and a loss like this is not unexpected. If this was a loss in year 4... maybe your overreactions would be justified.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Seeing lots of people call Syracuse a bottom-tier team. I think they deserve credit where it's due -- our WR corp didn't escape their DB blanket all game. They blitzed 4 and forced incompletion after incompletion despite Jeff Sims having a very comfortable pocket to go through his progressions and pass from. Better DB play than we faced against UCF or FSU...made us pretty one dimensional.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll say this though, despite how frustrating today was—we are still better than last year, especially on offense. I think some on here are forgetting just how pitiful our offense was last year. Unfortunately the improvement isn’t linear. There are going to be games like today. I just hope overall we keep getting better.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Seeing lots of people call Syracuse a bottom-tier team. I think they deserve credit where it's due -- our WR corp didn't escape their DB blanket all game. They blitzed 4 and forced incompletion after incompletion despite Jeff Sims having a very comfortable pocket to go through his progressions and pass from. Better DB play than we faced against UCF or FSU...made us pretty one dimensional.
Syracuse is a bottom tier team. We all thought after beating FSU maybe we’re in the middle of the pack, but the last 2 games we don‘t quite look like we’ve worked our way up to the bottom tier yet.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe less juice and more fundamentals during da week. Like how to not false start and block for kicks.
No pass rush thats our biggest problem. Soring 20 points per game is good. We can't get off the field on third down. No closing speed in the secondary. Defense stays on the field too long . Only 1 or 2 sacks per game. Not going to get it.

GT_EE78

Banned
I’ll say this though, despite how frustrating today was—we are still better than last year, especially on offense. I think some on here are forgetting just how pitiful our offense was last year. Unfortunately the improvement isn’t linear. There are going to be games like today. I just hope overall we keep getting better.
It's hard to drink that much. OK - I'll try