GTSwarm Scouting

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I've had an idea and would like to get your guys insight. Also a suggestion that I challenge all of you to take into consideration.

I have put much thought into how we could help the institution with the football program. Hearing the disadvantages that we face from under staffing and labeling, it's hard to have such high expectations for the program but somehow we still compete at a high level.

After seeing a few guy post players like John Kennedy and a few others I was thinking if maybe we could start a scouting page on the site. Post an offered players name and hudl film and have a way we could vote to grade them. If you don't feel like you know how to evaluate them just don't vote. We would have to keep in mind that these players would have to be good students as well so we would need to look at their offers or interest from other schools to see if they are a good student. After the player has several evaluations from us and is rated high from the site we could send a link to one of the scouts or coaches to review.

I know it's gonna take some connections and we are gonna have build some credibility but it could really help the program find players that are under the radar, also it would basically be free scouting for the program.
This is just a rough idea that maybe some of you could help out. Idk if any of you have a connection we could use to get the players we select evaluated from within the program but if we could I can see this really helping the team.

Ok on to the challenge:

There's social media(Twitter)that we can use, and I know a lot of people are against it and call it weird following 18 year old kids but they really use this to help make their decision more than you think. To them it shows how much fan support is there. You don't have to tweet at them but have a name or pic that shows that you are a GT fan follow them and retweet or favorite some of their post just to show you support them and would like for them to play for Tech. Being nonexistent and saying that it's weird shows how ignorant your are to today's times. Twitter is probably the biggest free recruiting tool fans can use. Don't harass them just show your support. If you don't know how to find them, that funny looking word with the recruits name in the forum is their twitter handle. Just type that in the search click on their profile and hit the follow button.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I've had an idea and would like to get your guys insight. Also a suggestion that I challenge all of you to take into consideration.

I have put much thought into how we could help the institution with the football program. Hearing the disadvantages that we face from under staffing and labeling, it's hard to have such high expectations for the program but somehow we still compete at a high level.

After seeing a few guy post players like John Kennedy and a few others I was thinking if maybe we could start a scouting page on the site. Post an offered players name and hudl film and have a way we could vote to grade them. If you don't feel like you know how to evaluate them just don't vote. We would have to keep in mind that these players would have to be good students as well so we would need to look at their offers or interest from other schools to see if they are a good student. After the player has several evaluations from us and is rated high from the site we could send a link to one of the scouts or coaches to review.

I know it's gonna take some connections and we are gonna have build some credibility but it could really help the program find players that are under the radar, also it would basically be free scouting for the program.
This is just a rough idea that maybe some of you could help out. Idk if any of you have a connection we could use to get the players we select evaluated from within the program but if we could I can see this really helping the team.

Ok on to the challenge:

There's social media(Twitter)that we can use, and I know a lot of people are against it and call it weird following 18 year old kids but they really use this to help make their decision more than you think. To them it shows how much fan support is there. You don't have to tweet at them but have a name or pic that shows that you are a GT fan follow them and retweet or favorite some of their post just to show you support them and would like for them to play for Tech. Being nonexistent and saying that it's weird shows how ignorant your are to today's times. Twitter is probably the biggest free recruiting tool fans can use. Don't harass them just show your support. If you don't know how to find them, that funny looking word with the recruits name in the forum is their twitter handle. Just type that in the search click on their profile and hit the follow button.
I know it says offered player but I meant unoffered player

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Not saying I'm for or against this idea, but you would probably need a way to filter out the trolls from voting. I'm sure some people from other teams would eventually hear about it and try to mess with us.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Not saying I'm for or against this idea, but you would probably need a way to filter out the trolls from voting. I'm sure some people from other teams would eventually hear about it and try to mess with us.
Maybe have members apply for voting and posting privileges. If they have very little to no posting history then they are ineligible to contribute.