GTSwarm Remaining Season Outlook

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll try to be brief.

I love this message board, and it is the only one on which I participate. It has been a source of information that an average GT fan cannot get elsewhere. I enjoy the occasional insight into the team from credible sources, and the generally supportive discussion of the program.

But GTSwarm is, after all, an internet message board. Thus, when a season disappoints, as this one most certainly has, it sinks to the lowest common denominator quickly. Positive, yet objective posters disappear as they tire of the redundant posts calling for player benchings, coach firings, and lamenting of other teams' successes.

It is always funny (though depressing) to see a number of brand new posters make their debuts during these tough times. Some, as we all suspect, are merely "trolls" who delight in stirring the pot. Some may be true GT fans who have no other outlet for their disappointment. I, for one, suspect many of these new faces are very young and have misplaced priorities in life.

Having been a lifelong GT fan, I have learned to enjoy each season for what it brings. We cheer for the football team of a world-class research institution, albeit with a rich athletic tradition. We all know this, and most understand the difficulty that entails. As such, I have learned to respect and admire the fact that GT football has a high floor and a high ceiling. We have a good football program. And it is healthier overall as a program than it has been in decades. I will say it again: our football program is in a healthier place now than it has been in decades.

GT football will not end with this disappointing season. We will no lose the rest of our games. We will have a better 2016. Paul Johnson may or may not have another 11-win season here, but he has helped our program grow. I will support him as long as we continue graduating players, playing with effort and class, and recruiting well (which we have the past two years). I will also support the next coach who does the same. Life, and football, is about more than win totals.

Those who share my opinion, don't let the board be taken over for the rest of the season by the lowest common denominator. Stick around, continue the productive, informative dialogue, and GO JACKETS.

I'll try to be brief.

I love this message board, and it is the only one on which I participate. It has been a source of information that an average GT fan cannot get elsewhere. I enjoy the occasional insight into the team from credible sources, and the generally supportive discussion of the program.

But GTSwarm is, after all, an internet message board. Thus, when a season disappoints, as this one most certainly has, it sinks to the lowest common denominator quickly. Positive, yet objective posters disappear as they tire of the redundant posts calling for player benchings, coach firings, and lamenting of other teams' successes.

It is always funny (though depressing) to see a number of brand new posters make their debuts during these tough times. Some, as we all suspect, are merely "trolls" who delight in stirring the pot. Some may be true GT fans who have no other outlet for their disappointment. I, for one, suspect many of these new faces are very young and have misplaced priorities in life.

Having been a lifelong GT fan, I have learned to enjoy each season for what it brings. We cheer for the football team of a world-class research institution, albeit with a rich athletic tradition. We all know this, and most understand the difficulty that entails. As such, I have learned to respect and admire the fact that GT football has a high floor and a high ceiling. We have a good football program. And it is healthier overall as a program than it has been in decades. I will say it again: our football program is in a healthier place now than it has been in decades.

GT football will not end with this disappointing season. We will no lose the rest of our games. We will have a better 2016. Paul Johnson may or may not have another 11-win season here, but he has helped our program grow. I will support him as long as we continue graduating players, playing with effort and class, and recruiting well (which we have the past two years). I will also support the next coach who does the same. Life, and football, is about more than win totals.

Those who share my opinion, don't let the board be taken over for the rest of the season by the lowest common denominator. Stick around, continue the productive, informative dialogue, and GO JACKETS.
I know there must be a pony in here somewhere! :)

Wayxjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'll try to be brief.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I ignore no one - except the BuzzCzar guy who caused me leave the sting board to find this board. Voted with feet.

Late 13 I tried to tell them we would be good in 14 due to schedule and unseen speed at qb. They are wanna be writers for the daily show.

The yahoos running around the last few days who were calling for all kinds of silly stuff have disappeared. I will not ignore them but will not engage - kind of a slow ignore.

Hopefully we can get back to more cool threads that talk about the details of our players, recruiting, plays, game tendencies. With guys like boom, navy, longest day, etc we have a board to be really proud of and improves the viewing experience of the game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I ignore no one - except the BuzzCzar guy who caused me leave the sting board to find this board. Voted with feet.

Late 13 I tried to tell them we would be good in 14 due to schedule and unseen speed at qb. They are wanna be writers for the daily show.

The yahoos running around the last few days who were calling for all kinds of silly stuff have disappeared. I will not ignore them but will not engage - kind of a slow ignore.

Hopefully we can get back to more cool threads that talk about the details of our players, recruiting, plays, game tendencies. With guys like boom, navy, longest day, etc we have a board to be really proud of and improves the viewing experience of the game.

Just FM(my)I, is it possible that someone else can use your login? You had some posts that I lumped in with your "yahoos."

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I was fairly dumbfounded by the turnaround last season culminating in the ROLL in the last few games.I am just as dumbfounded by this dropoff in success. Got to admit it is quite a rollercoaster so I can understand how some folks are at least very befuddled and then frustrated and show it.I'm happy for those who are stoic enough to withstand the change. ---"it is what it is "

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I ignore no one. The yahoos running around the last few days who were calling for all kinds of silly stuff have disappeared. I will not ignore them but will not engage - kind of a slow ignore.

I left another board because of yahoos. When the same feelings of anger returned when reading posts here this weekend, I was forced to try the button. Instant zen. All those horrid posts just magically disappeared from the threads. :)

There is still some season left. The team and coaches are working hard to improve. Yes we have a lot of inexperience, but that's why they practice. I still feel if it's simplified we will see better play. I'm behind this team all the way. Win or lose they got me as a fan for life.

Milwaukee

Banned
Good post - everyone should read, not just the new guys.

I don't ignore anyone however, I get too much amusement from some of the posts and reactions on this board to just ignore them. It's comedy central in here at times.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'll try to be brief.

What a great and timely post. I stayed off the board for 24 hrs after the last loss.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I won't disappear but I will stay away 24-48 hours after a loss to preserve my sanity.

Did anybody listen to CPJ's show tonight? Very enlightening, honest, from the heart.