GTswarm of old

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
Longtime lurker, and have replied to post in the past without formally introducing myselfl, and for that i apologize to the forum. Did not attend the institute but grew up a fan since the late 70's. I am a straight up sidewalk fan and love GT football, and all that comes with it.
I have truly enjoyed GTswarm since it's inception , and in the beginning Mods did a great job keeping the topics on point. It was so refreshing from the other forums i scanned over trying to find any information i could about the state of my team and upcoming season we would have.
Now the forum has slipped to a maturity level of elementary. It seems there are some posters who genuinely post informative information, or in the know of current events with the team. Also ex team members who have great insight into the workings of recruiting. To those posters... a huge shout out and thank you!!!!
To the other posters, who continually cry , whine, about past or present staff, arguing with the same posters over and over trying to prove your correct or they were wrong... please give it a rest.

I really liked how Eric managed this forum in the beginning

Mods, please stop the madness. Thread hijacking must stop
...Thank you in advance

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If more people called others out for getting off topic instead of try to rebuttal it wouldn’t be as bad, I myself have noticed that I do that from time to time and I’m not gonna do that anymore.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The lack of content is the problem.
The snarky question and derailing are bad, but the lack of content is a bummer.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree. There are a few posters that have reached Beebad level. I come here for news and insight and mostly see the same fonts arguing and attacking others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
All the good posters are still around, they just get lost in the ones that like having the constant ***** measuring contests on here

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, there is just nothing of substance to talk about right now. Last off season was just as bad with the CPJ detractors calling for his head all the whole time.
In years past we have been able to get through it by having posters who have been willing to do breakdowns of options plays and concepts. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) that is no longer an avenue available to relieve the tedium of the off season. If we can just survive until spring practice, I think everything will go back to being ok.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
I am sure that all are great GT fans just like me, fan = fanatic which i am , just ask my family during a Gt game... no one in the house is safe from the madness that consumes me while the game is on.
But the hijacking, trolling, beebad, wrexy or whatever his name is must be shutdown for the majority to enjoy this site. The same posters rule on here with their rhetoric of juvenile proportions. This site deserves more than it gets, i know Mods sacrifice alot of personal time to keep it up and i am thankful.
Sorry for my rant on my first post to the community, but i could not take it anymore.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I have ignored the same 5 people who cause all the problems and the site is 10x better experience. Now with that said, every thread is confusing because half of the posts don’t show up for me, but I already know who/what is being said.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
This off season is kind of like an election year. People have entrenched themselves on both sides and they have resorted to debating the most inane topics. Once the season is here, I hope we can all re-unite, much like we as a country always do after election day...

... well, crap, never mind. All hope is lost :oops:

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
If I were to step out of line, I expect a message from other members or mods. I might be opening the flood gates here but I just want to make sure that I don't come off as a jerk. I can go to any of the facebook groups Im part of if I want to see immature banter. Im a mod of a big GT football page with 3.5k members so I know how overwhelming it can be, trying to police hundreds of comments on a hot thread...