GTSwarm golf outing

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Wondering if anyone else would be down for this again? For those who are new to the site, some of us got together last year for Waffle House, and golf. Of course we have the virus going around, but when everything calms down who would want to go out for some Waffle House and golf? Also, what month or dates would work for most?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Are the courses open in Georgia. They are in North Carolina but one person per cart (or walk), can't touch the flagstick, no water coolers or ball washers. We can't even go into the pro shop. So far it has worked where I play but they are concerned even golf could get shut down here. They allowed tennis for a while but even that was stopped last week. Swimming pools would start opening the end of May and not sure that will be allowed at this point.

Are the courses open in Georgia. They are in North Carolina but one person per cart (or walk), can't touch the flagstick, no water coolers or ball washers. We can't even go into the pro shop. So far it has worked where I play but they are concerned even golf could get shut down here. They allowed tennis for a while but even that was stopped last week. Swimming pools would start opening the end of May and not sure that will be allowed at this point.
I don't golf, but I live near the Augusta Country Club, and it has remained open all along. The Augusta National closed almost immediately, but it always does after the Masters anyway, and very few of their members are from Augusta. Other Augusta courses are random in what they have done, but I think most of them are open now.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yes most courses are open and stuff is limited to way things are in NC.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking about after all this settles down. I’ll organize it all. I think we had around 16 or 20 last year.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Wondering if anyone else would be down for this again? For those who are new to the site, some of us got together last year for Waffle House, and golf. Of course we have the virus going around, but when everything calms down who would want to go out for some Waffle House and golf? Also, what month or dates would work for most?
I had rotator surgery in august and now almost 9 months later I’m at the driving hitting up to 70% 6 irons. When this all passes I could be ready to play.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I had rotator surgery in august and now almost 9 months later I’m at the driving hitting up to 70% 6 irons. When this all passes I could be ready to play.
Glad to hear you are recovering well! Once we get some more input of some dates we will
Get something finalized and hopefully you will be at 100% and ready to go.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Been there done that with rotator surgery. Seemed like forever until I played again. One good side effect, I definitely slowed my swing down, which I needed to do! Good luck.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Been there done that with rotator surgery. Seemed like forever until I played again. One good side effect, I definitely slowed my swing down, which I needed to do! Good luck.
Thank you. I’m experiencing the same thing with swing speed. And likewise should be good for me. Look forward to getting back out there with perhaps you guys.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
How would everyone feel about playing in July? What weekend would work for most if July works? Also what course would everyone want to play? here’s a few I thought of.

Marietta City Club (Marietta)
Summer Grove country club (Newnan)
Heron Bay Country club (LocustGrove)
Golf club at Bradshaw farms (Woodstock)
Bears Best Atlanta (Suwannee)
Chateau Elan Woodlands (Braselton)
Chicopee Wood Golf Course (Gainesville)
Woodmont golf and country club (Canton)

If anyone can think of other courses feel free to list it!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The Letterwinner's Club had been playing their annual get-togther on Homecoming Weekend at Stone Mountain. That's my regular course and has been for years...the last three hours of daylight on Fridays usually by myself. The Club had been playing on the easier of the two courses but it's not the course that the original 18 is. The original 18 is a very well designed course. I'd like to throw that out there...either course would be OK though.

Of your list my top four would be Bears Best, Chateau Elan, Woodmont, and Chicopee in that order.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The Letterwinner's Club had been playing their annual get-togther on Homecoming Weekend at Stone Mountain. That's my regular course and has been for years...the last three hours of daylight on Fridays usually by myself. The Club had been playing on the easier of the two courses but it's not the course that the original 18 is. The original 18 is a very well designed course. I'd like to throw that out there...either course would be OK though.

Of your list my top four would be Bears Best, Chateau Elan, Woodmont, and Chicopee in that order.
I just don’t like paying to park lol. I’ve played the stonemount course there.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So we will tentatively set this up for July 25th at Bears Best Atlanta. I have a phone call in to see if we can get a good rate.

If you are playing please let me know if you have any coming with you, and who you played with last year.

If you did not play last year just let me know your age and roughly what you shoot so I can pare you with others. Also if you have a GT friend not on here you’d like to bring please let me know.