GTMBB offseason thread

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If I were Josh Pastner, other than shaving my sideburns, here is what I would be doing to improve the GTMBB team over the summer:

Goals: Improve shooting and overall conditioning. Also, all these men will be getting more minutes in a GT game than before and must learn game tendancies.

Kyle Sturdivant: Have him mark 100 consecutive days this summer where he shoots 1000 shots every day (split between 3s from five spots, FTs, and 10-15 footers from spots along an arc around the basket)
Deivon Smith: Partner with Kyle and do the same workout.
Deebo Coleman: Get his body fat below 10% and do half the Kyle workout. Run 3 miles very day.
Tristan Maxwell: Go to summer classes and do half the Kyle workout. Run with Deebo.
Miles Kelly: The Kyle workout. Run with Deebo.
Jalon Moore: The Kyle workout. Run with Deebo.
Jordan Meka: The Kyle workout without the 3s.
Rodney Howard: The Meka workout. Yoga at least 3 times per week.
Jermontae Hill: The Kyle workout.
Lance Terry: The Kyle workout. Go to summer classes.
Javon Franklin: The Meka workout.

Plus, for everyone, the weight room decor needs to beecome very familiar.
Scrimmage two 20 halves 5x / week.

Do shooting drills after the scrimmages half the time.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If I were Josh Pastner, other than shaving my sideburns, here is what I would be doing to improve the GTMBB team over the summer:

Goals: Improve shooting and overall conditioning. Also, all these men will be getting more minutes in a GT game than before and must learn game tendancies.

Kyle Sturdivant: Have him mark 100 consecutive days this summer where he shoots 1000 shots every day (split between 3s from five spots, FTs, and 10-15 footers from spots along an arc around the basket)
Deebo Coleman: Get his body fat below 10% and do half the Kyle workout. Run 3 miles very day.
Tristan Maxwell: Go to summer classes and do half the Kyle workout. Run with Deebo.

I would add have each player shoot a minimum of 100 free throws every day, chart the percentages, and split them up so that some are shot while tired after scrimmages or running. We will need to score every possible way next year and not leave points at the FT line.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer

What does “learn game tendencies” mean?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Renewed my ticket for next season! Also went to well over $45 worth of women's games last year so added on a ticket there. Definitely itching for November already -- errr September, but then probably trying to fast forward to November by the end of the month.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This tidbit sort of surprised me. From the GSU SID: “Since the 2013-14 season, Georgia State has won more games (187) than any other Division I basketball program in the state of Georgia.”

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This tidbit sort of surprised me. From the GSU SID: “Since the 2013-14 season, Georgia State has won more games (187) than any other Division I basketball program in the state of Georgia.”
They've also played a much easier schedule than the two P5 schools. So, there's that. I guarantee, even with our ineffectiveness, if we played the same schedule, we'd have a better record than they do.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
In that same period of time, Mercer has 161 wins. Ga. Southern, 157. GT, 143. Kenn. St. @76 victories.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good article showing what each school currently has going out and coming in as of the beginning of June. Provides some sense of who is more or less talented on paper than they were a year ago.

gdamian

Georgia Tech Fan
Good article showing what each school currently has going out and coming in as of the beginning of June. Provides some sense of who is more or less talented on paper than they were a year ago.

We weren't great and lost a lot. Will the two transfers make a difference? Do you think that either of them will start?

(Good grief - Duke pulls in a top new team every year.)

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
C529CE81-633D-45A9-953D-A64E3A19D447.jpg

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Ouch. I only posted this cause I found it scrolling on twitter. I don’t personally think he is next to last. Pretty harsh.