#GTCamp20 Coverage

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone @ me when Collins says something interesting. Don’t chastise me, I know a lot of it is great for recruiting, but I’ve heard it all before. Like last week, and the week before that.

edit: just let me know when he gets to “the football piece” of his job.

There were three interviews, the other two had plenty of football nuggets. Collins has said many times he's taken control of the protocols and safety piece and left much of the coaching to the coordinators this year. So it makes sense then that the football stuff comes from them, no?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
There were three interviews, the other two had plenty of football nuggets. Collins has said many times he's taken control of the protocols and safety piece and left much of the coaching to the coordinators this year. So it makes sense then that the football stuff comes from them, no?
I love the other interviews, but as the head coach, he could mention more than 4 players that have caught his eye, no?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Someone @ me when Collins says something interesting. Don’t chastise me, I know a lot of it is great for recruiting, but I’ve heard it all before. Like last week, and the week before that.

edit: just let me know when he gets to “the football piece” of his job.

LOL...I was actually thinking the same thing as I was watching the videos. His pressers are very lite on actual football, and more about selling the program and talking up players and aspects of the team. That's OK, he's doing it with an eye on building our program for recruiting and for the media.

If you want good "football" information, the assistant coach's interviews are the ones to listen to. Lots of good stuff from Thacker and Patenaude.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
LOL...I was actually thinking the same thing as I was watching the videos. His pressers are very lite on actual football, and more about selling the program and talking up players and aspects of the team. That's OK, he's doing it with an eye on building our program for recruiting and for the media.

If you want good "football" information, the assistant coach's interviews are the ones to listen to. Lots of good stuff from Thacker and Patenaude.
Yeah, I wasn’t saying what he is doing is wrong, but I’d love to hear when the HMFIC starts to talk Xs and Os.

Deleted member 2897

The guy @ Clemp has a different style. Maybe we’re entering the HC era where the HC is more like a CEO politician than a Director?

I was thinking the same thing. Dabo is a goofy idiot when it comes to football. Different strokes for different folks.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Too many people on here acting like since Collins doesn’t talk X’s and O’s in press conferences then he must not understand them. How do y’all think he made it to being a HC in the first place?
Where did you get that idea? I just said I wanted to hear when he did decide to talk football. Not that he couldn’t. Sorry I was a little critical.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We had the same Collins discussion when he was on Durham and Packer some time ago. It was a multi segment interview where he managed to not talk about football or the players at all. The guy just seems to be in promotion and brand mode all the time. I tend to skip his interviews as well for this reason.

gtfan021

Georgia Tech Fan
You guys that are upset about Collins talking more brand and culture and less X's and O's will be happy in a couple of years when our football team is rolling and consistently bringing in top 25 recruiting classes. Got to start with brand and culture to get the football department started in the right direction. I get what you guys are saying, everyone wants to know how individual players and unit's are doing in camp. but that's what we have Thacker and Patenaude along with position coaches for. I love the fact that Collins has a big focus on our brand, seems we are being talked about by the media more now than the last decade.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
You guys that are upset about Collins talking more brand and culture and less X's and O's will be happy in a couple of years when our football team is rolling and consistently bringing in top 25 recruiting classes. Got to start with brand and culture to get the football department started in the right direction. I get what you guys are saying, everyone wants to know how individual players and unit's are doing in camp. but that's what we have Thacker and Patenaude along with position coaches for. I love the fact that Collins has a big focus on our brand, seems we are being talked about by the media more now than the last decade.
i don’t think anyone is upset with his interviews.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
What CGC is doing in interviews is exactly what a modern era head coach should be doing. It’s what GT should have been doing, from the social media piece to building a relationship with Atlanta. It’s great.

Now get the wins and excitement on the field.