#GTCamp20 Coverage

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I agree that the news from camp is almost like getting inside scoop from the CIA. Last year we had everyday hype that had me thinking our team might actually be pretty good. That bubble was quickly deflated, but the contrast is still dramatic. I was wondering why that is the case and came up with a few ideas:

1- The staff does not want to build up hopes for a season that might still be canceled.
2- They want to arrive well under the radar of future opponents, if possible.
3- The news isn't all that great and best not to make a lot of noise right now.
4- COVID-19 and BLM have robbed all the sports news bandwidth and the media hasn't shown much interest.

all of the above

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Does Rivals have an exclusive deal on the scrimmages? Quinlan is the only person that I see is posting about them. Of course you have to have a subscription.

As far as I understand, no media has been allowed. Any information Rivals or others have would be from interviews or sources closer to the team. I think there are only really a couple positions in question right now with QB being the biggest.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
While we all have our "sources" mine have consistently said since the spring that both returning QB's had improved greatly but that the two freshmen are extremely talented. One of those freshmen has been an absolute stud just about every chance he's had and that kid is Gleason. Take that FWIW. I guess we'll know for sure in two weeks.

My thoughts pre changing of the schedule was that there was no way we'd start a true freshman against Clemson but now that the schedule has changed even though we are playing on the road there will be no significant amount of fans at FSU so maybe the environment is not to big to start a true freshman. We sucked last year and really have nothing to lose this year so why not start a true freshman? Realistically we're probably two years from competing for anything anyway. Play for the future.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
The kid from Vandy not showing up is going to be a big loss imo, but it gives a talented Fr or two a chance to show up and make a difference before the season ends

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
While we all have our "sources" mine have consistently said since the spring that both returning QB's had improved greatly but that the two freshmen are extremely talented. One of those freshmen has been an absolute stud just about every chance he's had and that kid is Gleason. Take that FWIW. I guess we'll know for sure in two weeks.

My thoughts pre changing of the schedule was that there was no way we'd start a true freshman against Clemson but now that the schedule has changed even though we are playing on the road there will be no significant amount of fans at FSU so maybe the environment is not to big to start a true freshman. We sucked last year and really have nothing to lose this year so why not start a true freshman? Realistically we're probably two years from competing for anything anyway. Play for the future.
I’ve been saying from the get go that Gleason was a stud. Not surprising at all that you are hearing this. Thanks for posting!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been saying from the get go that Gleason was a stud. Not surprising at all that you are hearing this. Thanks for posting!

Used to work with his Dad. Big goofy guy who was a kicker for MIT. If Tucker is really being consistent, I see him getting the nod. Consistency is what Patenaude talked about in the presser as how he'll choose the QB.

Scubapro

Banned
To be fair he has to have learned something in the off-season. If nothing else perhaps he read the “give Mason the ball” memo? If he’s not learned anything since last year, well there be more than just you on here complaining about it.
Maybe...IDK...Due to covid I have watched most of his work at CC and Temple and its the same formations, sets, and play calling we witnessed on the flats. He is either consistently bad or just plain hard headed.
Sorry to complain about him so much but at Tech the margin between decent and horrible is razor thin. Among the coaches he doesn't seem to fit the profile of being new and innovative. He is the most experienced but seems to know the least.