#GTCamp20 Coverage

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Finding something isn't the problem. I have plenty of Adidas GT gear. The issue is the lack of new gear. Gold and white gear. I see new swag from our coaches and players every press conference but we can't get an ATL shirt or a Big T shirt.. i bought the shoes, the blue jersey, the white jersey and all that. I want new stuff.
I just bought 2 of the new creator shirts (which are awesome) and 2 of the new hats. The only thing that I want that I don't have is a gold fleece sweatshirt.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Some interesting tidbits in this article-

”I can tell you what – I’m fast as I’ve ever been,” Carpenter said. “I’m up to 240 now (he was listed at 223 pounds last season), and I feel the best I’ve ever felt in my life.”

On Wednesday, coach Geoff Collins said that he was “just excited to see him in the next week or so be back to full speed and be back completely healthy, and he’s going to make a huge impact.”

Carpenter, the team’s third-leading tackler last season with 62 stops, is part of a secondary that could be the strongest position group on the team.

“Everybody’s buying in,” he said. “Everybody’s playing everything.”

From his vantage point, he has been particularly impressed with the defensive line, which last season was a young group that was often outplayed. Tech tying for 111th in FBS in sacks per game last season (1.42) was an indicator of the line’s performance.

“They’ve been going crazy all camp,” Carpenter said. “They’ve been holding double teams for the linebackers, opening up the holes for everybody, so they’ve been doing a pretty good job.”

The line’s play has been so effective, as Carpenter has seen it, that the offense hasn’t been able to throw deep often.

“(Wide receiver Ahmarean Brown) isn’t going over the top of us as usual in practice because our D-line is getting back there to the quarterback,” Carpenter said. “Us as a defensive unit, we’re getting more hands on balls and stuff because the quarterback doesn’t have all day to throw.”

In his own position group, Carpenter touted redshirt freshman safety Wesley Walker, who played in three games last season in a minor role.

“He’s been ballin’,” Carpenter said. “I’m not going to lie. He’s been doing everything. He’s teaching me some stuff.”

Among linebackers, Quez Jackson has been “going crazy.” He said of Demetrius Knight, a high-school quarterback, that “it’s just crazy how he can adjust to playing defense like that.” Senior David Curry is “doing his thing. He’s teaching everybody everything he knows.”

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Some of you need to chill. Collins has explained in press conferences that they are having to basically run 2-3 practices a day due to the social distancing. With everything going on with COVID, the coaches are busting their backside to keep everyone safe so I don’t understand the whining. It’s the same for every team right now. Right now, our staff is neck deep in preparing the team to be better. The players are pretty darn busy as well. This isn’t year 1 any more. Our staff and players are at work right now getting ready. The highlights will come in 2 weeks.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Some of you need to chill. Collins has explained in press conferences that they are having to basically run 2-3 practices a day due to the social distancing. With everything going on with COVID, the coaches are busting their backside to keep everyone safe so I don’t understand the whining. It’s the same for every team right now. Right now, our staff is neck deep in preparing the team to be better. The players are pretty darn busy as well. This isn’t year 1 any more. Our staff and players are at work right now getting ready. The highlights will come in 2 weeks.
True. Good point. I need to chill.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
The wrench is that the two freshmen qb’s are more athletic and have a better scheme fit than the two sophomores.

Gleason can make all the throws in the pocket, unlike Yates, is bigger and just as fast.
Sims has the electricity of Graham and his a more refined passer.

Sooo.......
I think he knows who the starter is and is not tipping his hand. The difference in what he has to work with at QB this year vs last year is night and day.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Does Rivals have an exclusive deal on the scrimmages? Quinlan is the only person that I see is posting about them. Of course you have to have a subscription.